So i took my guitar to get setup. I had one main problem which was the screw which changed the intonation on my floyd was worn, so i couldnt tighten it to fix the saddle in place. Since i was taking it in i explained i would get a full setup done. I explained to him i was having tuning problems and wanted to block off the trem and use the locks now.

Anyway i forgot to include the pipe at the end of the floyd (which connects to the saddle). Instead of the tech phoning me he just went ahead and put the string through the back of the saddle because there was no pipe bit there, which means i cant use the locks/cant finetune the floyd.

He got the shop assistant to phone after he did all the work to tell me he couldnt block the trem with metal as he didnt have any as i requested (which adds a lot of sustain compared to wood i found). I would rather he did nothing to the guitar and phoned me first but now i am £60 out of pocket with a guitar that still doesnt stay in tune).

It wouldnt be an issue to change the string but i use elixirs so it will sound different if i use an odd string, and i dont want to buy a pack just for an E (i already have lots of spares but the E string is always the first to be used),

Should i phone and complain to the shop? When the guy phoned regarding the trem block problem he said 'you are lucky he did all that work for you at all, the first thing you wanted was a screw replaced then a full setup!!'. Again he shouldnt have taken the work on if he couldnt do it.
Last edited by JeffVader. at Aug 31, 2009,
Sounds to me like you've got your self an ass-hole. If there are other places that have guitar repair nearby, then rip them a new one, but if there are none for miles, then they are your only choice
I broke my G-string while fingering a minor. lol

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Teisco delray
Washburn Lyon AAR signature edition
Line 6 Spider II
Boss Metal zone
Dunlop Crybaby Classic Wah
Last edited by SephiSpawn at Aug 31, 2009,
yeah i have few options so ill just do my best to fix my own, but if they dont give me at least an elixir e string i wont be back (been shopping there for over 10 years bought a lot of stuff there).
Quote by JeffVader.
So i took my guitar to get setup. I had one main problem which was the screw which changed the intonation on my floyd was worn, so i couldnt tighten it to fix the saddle in place. Since i was taking it in i explained i would get a full setup done. I explained to him i was having tuning problems and wanted to block off the trem and use the locks now.

Anyway i forgot to include the pipe at the end of the floyd (which connects to the saddle). Instead of the tech phoning me he just went ahead and put the string through the back of the saddle because there was no pipe bit there, which means i cant use the locks/cant finetune the floyd.

He got the shop assistant to phone after he did all the work to tell me he couldnt block the trem with metal as he didnt have any as i requested (which adds a lot of sustain compared to wood i found). I would rather he did nothing to the guitar and phoned me first but now i am £60 out of pocket with a guitar that still doesnt stay in tune).

It wouldnt be an issue to change the string but i use elixirs so it will sound different if i use an odd string, and i dont want to buy a pack just for an E (i already have lots of spares but the E string is always the first to be used),

Should i phone and complain to the shop? When the guy phoned regarding the trem block problem he said 'you are lucky he did all that work for you at all, the first thing you wanted was a screw replaced then a full setup!!'. Again he shouldnt have taken the work on if he couldnt do it.

He should have called you before making those desicions. I'd tell him to undo it and give me my money back, or get him to block it off properly with wood.

If you've spent alot of money there let him know that and that he'll lose your business.
Remember this:

He is working in a service industry.
He is getting a paycheck for making YOU happy.
If he doesn't, his boss loses money and business (especially if you complain).
He must oblige to what you ask. Tell him to stop being a cavalier, and that you'd like to be consulted.

BUT
Don't be a dick about it. Be nice, but assertive.
Put yourself in his shoes... He works on hundreds of guitars a week, and he's just trying to earn his paycheck. That's all he needs is some dickhead coming in and yelling at him because he tried to take some initiative and help out and get his work done.

Understand?
Axes;
Ibanez S Prestige (Bubinga Top)
ESP LTD MH-103
Ibanez GiO with DiMarzio D-Activator X's!
'96(ish) Fender Stratocaster

Amps;
Mesa Boogie Road King II
Fender '65 Reissue

Joe Satriani's Group

Stop the Pick Gnomes!