I am currently looking at options to trade away my Framus Cobra head, and I've been offered an ENGL Blackmore + cash for my cobra.

I was just wondering if anyone could compare the two, I'm aware that the retail value for a Framus Cobra is almost double that of the ENGL Blackmore

ENGL Blackmore $1699
http://rocksolidamps.com/index.php?contain=description&ii=39&mid=2

Framus Cobra $3199
http://rocksolidamps.com/index.php?contain=description&ii=64&mid=2

I've heard that the Blackmore is basically a 5150/6505 killer, which is a weird way to describe it, I've never had the chance to check out the blackmore so any info/experience with it would be nice to hear something about it?

Also what would you think would be an acceptable trade $$ value on top of the blackmore to ask for, for my cobra? He said ENGL blackmore + cash for your cobra, I guess its up to me to throw a value on top of that for him to consider for the trade.

Any advance would be greatly appreciated, thanks, have a good one guys!
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
trade it.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
How much money would you get with the Blackmore? (I'd say around $750 is good)
Have you played it? Do you have a chance to before the trade?
Why do you want to trade? (need money? or just dont like the Framus?)

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
I basically really need money, and it seems no one has the money to pick up a used framus right now, plus the Framus is only my backup amp, I don't feel I need (with my current financial situation) a $3200+ back up amp, so I figured if I could have the Blackmore as my back up amp, I'd atleast get some cash in the trade.

I'd have the chance to play it if I wanted to trade, I just wanted to give him a ENGL+cash offer to see if he'd be down, before arranging to try it out.
Any idea how much I should ask for on top of the Blackmore for my Cobra?
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
Your Framus is only worth about $1400 (USD), the Blackmore about $1200, there's no way you'll get more than $300 cash with it, unless he really wants your Framus.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
The Blackmore retails for $1600 USD, and its worth 1200 USD used? I linked up the retail values from the same website which is an american retailer, the price difference new is quite wide, I did not expect such a close resale value for the two in the end. Hmm, not sure if it would be worth it just for $300..
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
Quote by Tensorspencer
The Blackmore retails for $1600 USD, and its worth 1200 USD used? I linked up the retail values from the same website which is an american retailer, the price difference new is quite wide, I did not expect such a close resale value for the two in the end. Hmm, not sure if it would be worth it just for $300..

Yup, anyone who buys a Framus brand new is going to take one huge loss if they ever sell it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
hahaha I guess so ehh, I got my cobra for a Peavey JSX and a LTC EC-1000, not to bad of a trade I don't think.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
The Blackmore isn't a 5150 killer. It's like the 80's metal amp of the ENGL line. Think great cleans with a killer crunch and 80's high gain sound, smooth leads and a higher gain tone that with a boost can hit extreme metal territory.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
The Blackmore isn't a 5150 killer. It's like the 80's metal amp of the ENGL line. Think great cleans with a killer crunch and 80's high gain sound, smooth leads and a higher gain tone that with a boost can hit extreme metal territory.

See, that is exactly why I come to these forums to hear from people who've actually had the opportunity to try these heads out, I'm assuming the person who told me it was a 5150 killer has never even heard a blackmore, or hasn't heard a 5150 hahaha.
Thanks man, that gives me a good idea of what this amp sounds like. Don't think I'm going to make the trade.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
I own the amp, it it isn't a 5150 killer by any means. The voicing is completely different. Far smoother, better leads and better cleans and crunch. The 5150 has a more modern metal distortion, like shino said the blackmore sounds more 80s metal ish. However, with the right settings and play style it'll do any metal genre really. If you throw an OD in front of it you can even get some brutal B standard meshugga/djent out of it.

If you want high quality blackmore clips check here:

http://www.netmusicians.org/index.php?value=Engl%20Blackmore&section=amp
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Sep 4, 2009,