Page 1 of 2
I was watching this debate on tv and there were some saying gay marriage undermines the sancity of marriage. What are your thoughts on this? Considering some people get married in a drive thru ceremony in vegas, is there any sanctity nowadays?
Last edited by JeffVader. at Aug 31, 2009,
Not for a lot of people. But in my opinion, marriage is supposed to be about love. Gay people that love each other should be allowed to marry. It should just be that simple. But it's not.
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Nope.
Although I'd consider it pretty stupid if they tried to get married through the church considering the fact that the bible is against gay marriage.
Last edited by huevomax at Aug 31, 2009,
Gay marriage doesn't undermine the sanctity of everything. People are either freaked out by gays, or they're hardcore christians who literally interpret the bible. It's flat out discrimination and needs to stop.
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
gay mariage is mostly for tax benefits, not for the religious ceremony ( unless you think gays still love god when god is all like " bitch you goin' to hell" ).
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
More than half of marriages end in divorce; that undermines marriage much more than same sex marriage.
This thread is under a threat of immenent rape. And I'm talking brutal, unforgiveable rape.
There is a strong case for gay people being wrong in the head (not just because God said so), but they don't really bother me. Let them be gay and marry one another.
Quote by TEK34
There is a strong case for gay people being wrong in the head (not just because God said so), but they don't really bother me. Let them be gay and marry one another.

care to explain?
Love is love.

That, too me is what marriage is about.

Marriages for money undermine the sanctity of marriage
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by TEK34

lol
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
theres no reason for gay people not to be allowed to marry, there people like the rest of us and deserve equal rights

as for the sancity...as long as the two people are in love, regardless of gender, then the sancity of marriage is secure
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Quote by TEK34

let me guess, you saw a report on that on FOX news.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by TEK34

Being wrong in the head?! Different yes, but not wrong! I remember reading that people who are attracted to males tend to have a symmetrical brain, and people who are attracted to females tend to have larger right brain. They are simply wired like heterosexual people of the opposite sex, almost akin to people being born as males but feeling that they are female, or vice versa

EDIT: reference
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Last edited by namesroverrated at Aug 31, 2009,
Quote by TEK34

haha wrong in the head???? i think it has been proved that gay people have unbalanced hormones i.e girls have more male hormone and vice versa..... but wrong??? i think that a whole other debate

But i think that marriage is about love, If they love each other then how does it affect you? End of.
Quote by guitar-guy01
theres no reason for gay people not to be allowed to marry, there people like the rest of us and deserve equal rights

as for the sancity...as long as the two people are in love, regardless of gender, then the sancity of marriage can go fuck itself

Fixed.
Quote by herby190
More than half of marriages end in divorce; that undermines marriage much more than same sex marriage.

good point
Quote by §ArmyofAngels§
Not for a lot of people. But in my opinion, marriage is supposed to be about love. Gay people that love each other should be allowed to marry. It should just be that simple. But it's not.

I think the same, basically!
It would be so much simpler if life was like this
The following is just my interpretation of the question, don't flame me for having a Christian perspective...

As 'sanctity' implies holiness, then in the context of marriage and its religious connotations then yes, it would be an undermining. That is not to say that gays are wrong or don't deserve to marry, but in terms of sanctity, my answer to the question is yes.
Last edited by Le_Bunny at Aug 31, 2009,
I'm ok with same-sex marriage. If the partners are willing to do it, then it's not of anybody else's business.
ಠ_ಠ
marriage is a christian institution, so i can see why they'd be irritated. and according to Christianity all of them are going to burn in hell, so i don't know why they'd want to be "married" in the traditional sense. **** it though, people are stupid, and homosexuals are no exception.

p.s. i'm not christian, and i'm not for or against it. i honestly don't care. just gonna be more divorces.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Quote by Le_Bunny
The following is just my interpretation of the question, don't flame me for having a Christian perspective...

As 'sanctity' implies holiness, then in the context of marriage and its religious connotations then yes, it would be an undermining. That is not to say that gays are wrong or don't deserve to marry, but in terms of sanctity, yes.

That's a very good point

It's what I've always said, if your religion doesn't like the gays, don't marry them in your churches! That's perfectly acceptable! But if you deny them the legal right to marry, then it's just discrimination

EDIT: ^ marriage is NOT a Christian institution! Yes, it is a sacrament, but people of other religions get married all the time, and Christians don't bitch and moan about it. Marriage is a legal institution, not one of a specific religion.
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Last edited by namesroverrated at Aug 31, 2009,
Quote by Le_Bunny

As 'sanctity' implies holiness, then in the context of marriage and its religious connotations then yes, it would be an undermining. That is not to say that gays are wrong or don't deserve to marry, but in terms of sanctity, yes.

It would be the cause unholiness in the same sex marriage, but not in other heterosexual marriages which is what people mean when they say it "undermines" the sanctity, that it affects hetero marriages.

And to be fair there are plenty of hetero marriages that are not holy (adultery, atheists marrying, food fetish couples [gluttony], etc.).
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by Le_Bunny

As 'sanctity' implies holiness, then in the context of marriage and its religious connotations then yes, it would be an undermining. That is not to say that gays are wrong or don't deserve to marry, but in terms of sanctity, my answer to the question is yes.

But the only reason marriage has religious connections is from a historical point of view. Most people i know who ever got married in a church never studied christianity whatsoever.
Quote by BobSlay
Gay marriage is gay.

LOL LOL
gays are you sure u want to get married? and be miserable like the rest of the world...seems like 70 percent of people HATE their marriage.
Christians lost sight of the true meaning of their religion years ago.

Rather than love and forgive, they are quick to condemn and hate.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Quote by JeffVader.
care to explain?

One argument is essentially that we've got this by men screwing women, not men screwing men/women f*cking women.

Another is that they can't carry on their gene pool.

They can't learn being gay from their parents.

Chemical imbalances.

I'm not some conservative nutcase who thinks all homosexuals should be shot, I've said already that I'm fine with gay people and they can get married if they like.
The government should recognize gay couples as a legal union

It should be up to the individual whether or not for union to be conducted by a religious organization
Marriage is pointless anyway.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
Quote by §ArmyofAngels§

This pretty much sums up the only common sense answer to this question.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by CrunchyRoll
Christians lost sight of the true meaning of their religion years ago.

Rather than love and forgive, they are quick to condemn and hate.

Wait, why are you lumping all of us Christians in one group? I've never forgotten what it's all about, and that's part of the reason why I hate mainstream Christianity so much: the "us vs. them" mentality.
i just think it's dumb to make a huge deal out of 2 men having sex (cause that's what marriage implies)
Quote by TEK34
One argument is essentially that we've got this by men screwing women, not men screwing men/women f*cking women.

We've got what? You mean we've gotten this far as a species? Well of course we have. But as I already mentioned earlier, their brains are akin to those of heterosexual members of the opposite sex, but that doesn't mean they're ****ed up and wrong in the head does it?

Quote by TEK34
They can't learn being gay from their parents.

You don't learn being straight from your parents either, you just are

Quote by TEK34
Chemical imbalances.

So everyone with chemical imbalances is wrong in the head? I'm sure plenty of Americans nowadays have screwed up their chemical balances with their diet.

Quote by TEK34
I'm not some conservative nutcase who thinks all homosexuals should be shot, I've said already that I'm fine with gay people and they can get married if they like.

Good for you
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Page 1 of 2