Looking for a new cab, basically to end all cabs. I need the one cabinet that I will be playing with my Invader while riding a chariot pulled by unicorn pegasus hybrids. I mean a seriously high end cab, so I basically won't be able to upgrade from there.

As far as I can tell, my options are

Mills Acoustic Afterburner 4x12 (wide variety of speaker options from Celestion and Eminence, I'm thinking v30's or G12K-100, maybe something from eminence)
VHT/Fryette Fat bottom 4x12 (Eminence P-50-E speakers)
Bogner Uberkab (V30 and G12T75)
Orange 4x12 w/ v30s

I'm open to any other suggestions for a cabinet, I play metal/hardcore with a lot of high gain lead guitar work, but I also like huge bottom end when I'm on my 3rd channel, need the cab to cut through like a knife, be able to handle the 150w's my Invader throws at it..etc

Basically, lets just talk high end cabs, and your experiences with them.

Thanks in advance, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
Mills fo' sho
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I am such a fan of the vintage 30's for any style of music, especially metal. They are the best sounding out there. do it
Finally, a cab thread where somebody doesn't want to take some piece of **** like a Bugera or MG cab and just swap the speakers.

Between Mills and Orange, I'd say the Mills just barely edges the Orange. I've never played a Splawn 4x12, but my oversized 2x12 is very, very good.

I also have to ask how you stand London? I lived there for 23 years and I wish they'd turn the whole city to a crater, with City Hall at ground zero.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I'm hearing a lot of really good stuff about the Mills Acoustic cabs, but I'm never sure if I'm just hearing from Mills endorsed artists or informed unbiased musicians, who knows, it could be both!
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
If you can afford it, go for Mills Acoustics. Hands down the best cabinets there.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Finally, a cab thread where somebody doesn't want to take some piece of **** like a Bugera or MG cab and just swap the speakers.

Between Mills and Orange, I'd say the Mills just barely edges the Orange. I've never played a Splawn 4x12, but my oversized 2x12 is very, very good.

I also have to ask how you stand London? I lived there for 23 years and I wish they'd turn the whole city to a crater, with City Hall at ground zero.

hahahah just moved to London recently actually, going to UWO makes it so that I HAVE to stand it, hahah although I find myself contiuously driving to other cities for a good time. Thanks for the advice!
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
the cabs are just wood, and even pine sounds awesome with vintage 30's.

dont get all hung up on the stupid cab, not important.
dude...Saxon cabs...seriously amazing and built like tanks......guy lives just outside T.O.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
I suggest the EVM upgrade if you get the Mills. IMO, one of the best speakers ever made.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Damius

I don't quite agree with that statement man, I don't know about you but I can even tell slight differences in sound from an orange 4x12 with v/30's and my Mesa 4x12 with the same speakers, I think cab construction does play a role in projection and sound.
Correct me if I'm wrong anyone but supposedly, after doing some reading, the Mills Acoustic cabinets have a wider "baffle" construction that counters phasing of speakers, everything I've read so far has pointed towards these cabs being better than that guitar players previous cabs that they have now sold, (I've seen them compared to uberkab, diezel 4x12, engl standard, framus 4x12, mesa 4x12..etc)
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
+1 for Mills

And side note to Damius.... I didnt think cabs/wood/construction mattered that much as well when I first got my cab. Coming from the car audio field I figured if it was the right size and sturdy it should be good to go. I was wrong and it was a horrible tone ruining experiance and I will never go through that one again.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Sep 4, 2009,
Just buy a FM412 and replace the speakers...

/sorryhadto
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by Damius

Bless your little cotton socks.
Leave the advice to people who know what they're talking about. When you're talking about high prices, bad advice when you are unaware of things yourself is the last thing you need
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Mills Acoustic afterburner is looking like the way to go, anyone have any idea what I'd be looking at for shipping charges on one of these bad boys (shipping to Canada)? I've never had a cab shipped before, and the afterburner is sitting at a hefty 116lbs, so I'm guessing they'll have to ship by freight or something, since UPS, USPS..etc don't handle such heavy shipments.

Also, any one have and experience with their customer service? They're a smaller company, so either their customer service is top of the line, there to help you, or it can be completely absent when you need it. It goes without saying I appreciate any advice from you guys, thanks!
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
I work for a shipping company... But we only do full trailer loads. Find 39,884 lbs of other **** you want shipped to your house and I can arrange for transport.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
You're going to get raped cost wise if you buy a Mills and have it shipped to Canada. Unless you live close to border and pick it up in the States.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
from my experience, if a cab is front-loaded, the construction and wood type will have a minimal difference although there will be some. If a cab is rear loaded construction will make a huge difference. All of those cabs would be a good choice. you should try and find one you can play. I know my friends uses the VHT fatbottom and it sounds awesome.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.