Page 1 of 5
this is to talk about anything Metal Gear related. it can be any of the games, your favorites characters, boss fights, etc.
its by far my favorite game series, and the only ones i play religously. i personally love the final cutscene in 4 after the credits. i think its called "Epilogue II"
hey, if zelda and final fantasy get one, so can MG.
EDIT: MARK YOUR SPOILERS!
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Last edited by Strato-Massacre at Aug 31, 2009,
Metal Gear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
hell yes, metal gear.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
The Metal Gear Solid series has been a favorite of mine too. I liked 3 a lot, but 4 topped it. It was different playing as an old man in 4 (I didnt hate it though), but on my second run I used the younger Snake face and it was awesome
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
Quote by blackthought
I only played Metal Gear Solid back on Playstation, but my sister's got like all of them and has beat them all.

is she hot? because that would be perfect.
Quote by kxy1992
The Metal Gear Solid series has been a favorite of mine too. I liked 3 a lot, but 4 topped it. It was different playing as an old man in 4 (I didnt hate it though), but on my second run I used the younger Snake face and it was awesome

did you get the MGS1 face camo from that dream/"level" where you were playing as snake infiltrating shadow moses from MGS1?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Aha, was just thinking of starting a Metal Gear thread today.
Just wondering about something that came up in the "Has a game ever made you sad?" thread, in Metal Gear Solid 3, did anyone else think that the character development and involvement was not up to par with the rest of the series? I love the gameplay, but I felt absolutely nothing for most of the characters, besides Snake and The Boss

Love MGS 1 and 2, I'm currently stuck on the Harrier on Extreme on MGS2, doin my head in now... Haven't got to play 4 yet, too poor to buy a PS3.

Also, is Portable Ops worth playing? Just found a PSP in my sideboard and have some cash, is it worth a buy?
Last edited by SilentHeaven109 at Aug 31, 2009,
I used to play MGS 1 for PS1 back in the day. Hardest game in the world if you're 5 years old, but damn was it awesome.

Recently played 4 for the first time on my friends PS3. 'Twas awesome, and all the horrible memories came back to me, and I ended up being almost twice as good of a player as him.

Haven't played, 2 or 3 yet, but I look forward to it, so NO SPOILERS!

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
^if youre that into the storyline, yes. while ive never been a fan of portable gaming anyway, i hear that game and the psp are both great for their respective genres.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
the only reason to buy a ps3, as far as i'm concerned
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by blackthought
Sometime I feel like I'm the only man in my state who isn't comfortable answering that.

ill take that as a yes? sounds like my kind of woman: hot AND loves MGS.
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
the only reason to buy a ps3, as far as i'm concerned

+6574560486540 thats EXACTLY why i bought one
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Strato-Massacre
^if youre that into the storyline, yes. while ive never been a fan of portable gaming anyway, i hear that game and the psp are both great for their respective genres.

Yeah I've heard good things, watching some Youtube vids of it and it looks great, think I'm gonna buy it tomorrow.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
is she hot? because that would be perfect.

did you get the MGS1 face camo from that dream/"level" where you were playing as snake infiltrating shadow moses from MGS1?

Its been awhile since Ive played it, but yeah it was one of the younger faces
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

8/7/09

^ I was there
Quote by kxy1992
Its been awhile since Ive played it, but yeah it was one of the younger faces

and it was the same sh*tty polygonal graphics that the ps1 used?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Strato-Massacre

Are you saying you can play as PS1 Snake in MGS4? Must... buy.... game....

Quote by CoreysMonster

Quote by OneHappyCamper
Quote by cho0onger

not exactly...
*SPOILERS*
theres one part in MGS4 where snake is having a dream, and hes dreaming about the first part of the first level of MGS1 (where you have to infiltrate Shadow Moses). its the EXACT same as the original. if you die, it doesnt count towards your actual game status, and you can give up and continue the actual game, or try again. if you do succeed, by crawling through the air vent on the upper level, you get a face camo that snake can wear while your playing, and it looks exactly like snake's face did in MGS1.
*/SPOILERS*
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by cho0onger

Yeah I know, its been killing me for ages that I still havn't played 4, getting a job soon hopefully, can't wait to get a PS3.

Btw, are there any fans of the Acid games here? Everyone I've asked about them hates them but I used to absolutely love them. Probs because I was a trading card geek back in the day
Anyone else love the Acid games?
MGS4=best game ever. The plot is ridiculous, the graphics are ridiculous, the little things they do (like drops of water on the camera during boat scenes), the gameplay is ridiculous, that part where you are in MGS1 is ridiculous. Everything about it is perfect.
Quote by Strato-Massacre

Ohh.

No I meant like this

Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

8/7/09

^ I was there
Quote by kxy1992
Ohh.

No I meant like this

no, i was thinking of a different one. although i know what youre talking about here. you can get one that looks like that, but the one im talking about looks EXACTLY like snakes face did in MGS1, bad graphics and all.
Quote by mamosa
MGS4=best game ever. The plot is ridiculous, the graphics are ridiculous, the little things they do (like drops of water on the camera during boat scenes), the gameplay is ridiculous, that part where you are in MGS1 is ridiculous. Everything about it is perfect.

this
if youve played ANY of the Metal Gear games before 4, MGS4 is just one long nostalgic tear jerker of a story. ive never played another game where the story played as much as a part of the gameplay itself.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
my favorite series by far, absolutley fantastic games.

i had a ps3 but we sold it, i beat mgs4 like 4 times before we sold it, and it broke right after

akibas awesome in the first level
you brought a hooker to church?
Quote by soundgarden1986
The series is amazing, and the cast is funny (especially David Hayter)

I absolutely love David Hayter. I'm a fan on Facebook, so I receive updates with videos and stuff, never fails to make me laugh.
He needs to be involved in the movie, there is a petition to get him to write it, not sure if it's OK to post this but:

http://www.petitiononline.com/hayter/petition.html

I just think it will be sad if the movie is not faithful to the games
Quote by Strato-Massacre
no, i was thinking of a different one. although i know what youre talking about here. you can get one that looks like that, but the one im talking about looks EXACTLY like snakes face did in MGS1, bad graphics and all.

this
if youve played ANY of the Metal Gear games before 4, MGS4 is just one long nostalgic tear jerker of a story. ive never played another game where the story played as much as a part of the gameplay itself.

I did get that one too, but I didnt play with that face
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

8/7/09

^ I was there
Quote by Strato-Massacre
not exactly...
*SPOILERS*
theres one part in MGS4 where snake is having a dream, and hes dreaming about the first part of the first level of MGS1 (where you have to infiltrate Shadow Moses). its the EXACT same as the original. if you die, it doesnt count towards your actual game status, and you can give up and continue the actual game, or try again. if you do succeed, by crawling through the air vent on the upper level, you get a face camo that snake can wear while your playing, and it looks exactly like snake's face did in MGS1.
*/SPOILERS*

I don't care that that was a spoiler, I'm buying MGS4 just for that part. I'll play that sh*t for hours, I don't care.
Actually, I'll just buy MGS1 again, but still.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Quote by OneHappyCamper
i've played em all (if twin snakes counts) and i have to say 3 is my favorite storywise, and 4 is amazing as far as gameplay is concerned.
Go Veg.
Quote by kxy1992
Ohh.

No I meant like this

Totally. Buying. Game.

Is that downloadable content?

Quote by CoreysMonster

Quote by OneHappyCamper
i posted this in the "have you ever cried from a video game" thread.
the final part of the final cutscene (epilogue II) in MGS4 is the biggest tear jerker ive gotten from a game.
*SPOILER*
after big boss come into the graveyard where snake is, and stops snake from shooting himself, they have a talk, and big boss gets noticeably weaker by the second. as hes dying, he manages to pull himself up off the ground on his own strength and salutes the tombstone of the fallen soldier for a good 5 seconds. at this point im like . then, he falls to the ground. as hes speaking his last words, he cant even manage to hold up and light his cigar. snake does it for him, and hands it to him. big boss says "i never saw you as a brother, but i always respected you as a soldier". he then tells snake to live the remainder of his life out in peace, then dies. i was all at that point.
*/SPOILERS*
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by cho0onger
Totally. Buying. Game.

Nope, you just unlock the face camo of that and you can play the whole game with that face. It even shows in cutscenes
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

8/7/09

^ I was there
Quote by kxy1992
Nope, you just unlock the face camo of that and you can play the whole game with that face. It even shows in cutscenes

Hideo Kojima can have my babies.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Quote by OneHappyCamper
Quote by cho0onger
Totally. Buying. Game.

nah, only MGS1 is. as long as ps2 is selling, ps2 games wont be available for download.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
since you guys are obviously MGS fans, PLEASE PLEEEEEASE do me a favor, and just watch this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j6VQ_ZfLM8
its the final cutscene ive been raving about. its only 10 minutes of your time, and its so epic. i rarely get this excited about things, especially clips from a movie.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
oh hai guys

MGS2 Spoiler

Who else wanted to unleash the focking fury when having to play as this jackhole for the 2nd half of the game?
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Quote by cho0onger
Totally. Buying. Game.

+1
but im gonna wait for the 120G $300 PS3 Slim
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by heavenbesideyou

Who else wanted to unleash the focking fury when having to play as this jackhole for the 2nd half of the game?

If it wasn't for the fact that he repeated what people said, but in question form, and didn't have schmaltzy conversations with Rose I would be fine.
Page 1 of 5