listen to lots of blues and practice guitar.

one of the blues guitarists i had a chance to learn from said he got his style by singing what he played eg. sing a line then play it (over backing track or whatever you prefer)or even play as you sing.
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Learn how to play over a I IV V and practice your phrasing. Being able to manipulate dynamics competently is one of the most important parts of blues leads.
Quote by nightwind
You must never double the leading tone ever. Failure to comply will result in a fugue related death.
thx both of you

what level of speed should i work toward if my goal is to be able to play anything in yhe genre of electric blues?
You shouldn't be worried about speed for now. The best blues boys played nice and slow, anyway.
Quote by KillahSquirrel
You shouldn't be worried about speed for now. The best blues boys played nice and slow, anyway.

well buddy guy and alot of other chicago style artis can go very fast. **cough**johnny winter**end of cough** but getting good phrasing is more important than speed.
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
^It doesn't matter. Like you said, before even trying to play fast you have to be able to play the right notes and get the right sounds.
yeah blues is pretty slow most of the time anyway. learn your pentatonic scales and blues scales and listen to blues and listen to how they phrase things and try to imitate it