hey UG ppl!

my band is called Obsequy. We are progressive death metal. I play guitar, bass, and vocals. We're from San Diego.

my friend may have posted a similar thread here, but this is definately more informative since it is my band.

You'll like us if you like: Death, Control Denied, Believer, Cynic, Watchtower, Toxik, Pestilence, Jason Becker, Illogicist, Realm, Tony MacAlpine, Malevolent Creation, Allan Holdsworth, CKY, Mahavishnu Orchestra, King Crimson, Candlemass, Forbidden, Rush, Testament, Cacophony

We have a CD coming out very soon called Thoughtcrime. It will be available thru CDbaby and iTunes.

Right now we have an unmastered rough mix of one song off Thoughtcrime up on our MySpace.

Links:

MySpace
Facebook
Merch
Blabbermouth article about 'Thoughtcrime'

Check it out, be open minded, and most importantly, let me know what you think! Be constructive in your criticism.
Last edited by ThinkThis at Aug 31, 2009,
Sounds good dude.
I like the bass work and how clearly it shows through! (I'm a bassist)
Pascal's triangle is weird. Lol

I didn't really like the vocals though.
Some good speed metal/black metal parts, i thought.
Quote by gwath42
Sounds good dude.
I like the bass work and how clearly it shows through! (I'm a bassist)
Pascal's triangle is weird. Lol

I didn't really like the vocals though.
Some good speed metal/black metal parts, i thought.

thanks dude!

yeah Pascal's Triangle... I kinda wanted to do something sorta like Ron Jarzombek/Spastic Ink, where you take a concept or an idea rather than just a conventional songwriting approach. For example the song "Watchtower" off of his solo album, is taking the chromatic scale and applying an alphabet to it, and then he spells Watchtower. With Pascal's Triangle, I took the numbers on rows 0-6 and applied them to the low E string (D in my case). Now, since there are a lot of stretches, I decided to take all the numbers that fall in the center and do them separately and pan them dead center. Then I took anything that was to the right and left and panned them to their respective speakers. Just go to google images and search Pascal's Triangle and then try to follow along hehe XD
Sweet band dude.

and I was totally not paid to say that
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
I like the name for "The Toxic Avenger". The original one is great but 2-4 suck major ballage.

Also, thanks for actually putting prog-stuff in your music. So many people go, "oh, we're totally prograsseive" just becuase their music is a tiny bit technical.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Last edited by Monolith295 at Sep 16, 2009,
haha thanks for the props man

I like part 4 a lot, but yeah 2-3 are pretty weak though.
The song is just a demo version on the player. We have a real version with Sean Peck from Cage doing vocals... and it ****ing rips! It's going to be a bonus track on a limited edition run of our upcoming CD, Thoughtcrime.

yeah so many ppl think their prog just cause they have long songs.
Last edited by ThinkThis at Sep 16, 2009,