Just put some new strings on my guitar and noticed they are almost immovable, stiff, and very hard to bend. I have the original floyd on it and its required gauge strings and this is probably my 10th or so time putting them on. I just always realized that the guitars at guitar center had really easy to bend strings and how I can never get my strings like that somebody help what am i doing wrong?!?!?!?!? Is there any way to ease the tension on them?
My Gear:
Ibanez RG-350 YE w/ Super Dist. and PAF pro pups
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
If you want your guitar strings to be easier to bend/feel lighter, then you need to get lighter gauge strings. I use Ernie Ball Super Slinkies, theyre .9's and super thin and easy to bend, yet retain all the tone of thicker Ernie Ball strings. (IMO anyways)
BTW....I wasn't aware different tremolos/bridges had "required gauge" strings....never heard that before.

Could be mistaken, but I really dont think there are certain gauges you HAVE to use. I believe its pretty much up to preference.
It is all preference, but companies say you should use the original guage it'll be easier to change strings since you don't have to do a whole setup. But maybe they added a spring to the trem. That would make seem like it's harder to bend since you won't be bending as far to reach the desired pitch. Or they just gave you a different guage.
Quote by Senada
BTW....I wasn't aware different tremolos/bridges had "required gauge" strings....never heard that before.

Could be mistaken, but I really dont think there are certain gauges you HAVE to use. I believe its pretty much up to preference.
well it really doesn't matter but i always get 9's but idk y the strings are so stiffed up its pissin me off
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
Quote by bfredder92
well it really doesn't matter but i always get 9's but idk y the strings are so stiffed up its pissin me off

.009's should not be very hard to bend at all in standard E tuning. Either your a puss or you've got it tuned up a few steps.
Quote by bfredder92

If you're using 9's and having problems bending then something is definitely WRONG. My 3 year old sister can bend a string all the way across the fretboard with my super slinks.

Perhaps not enough slack when putting strings on, perhaps it's somethin to do with the tremolo. I'm not really sure, i've only got one guitar with a tremolo, and i don't even use it.
Deal with it.

If you want less tension get a fixed bridge guitar with shorter scale length.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Sep 1, 2009,
Quote by Matt420740
.009's should not be very hard to bend at all in standard E tuning. Either your a puss or you've got it tuned up a few steps.
maybe not enough slack seriously i tried a set of 9s at guitar center with one of the guitars and its so easy to bend. Oh and its in standard tuning.
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
I dunno. Talk out your problems with them? That usually relieves some tension. Maybe get a massage or something?

(What the seagull said.)
Pics of the bridge, please.

Probably isn't parallel.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The neck may be bowing in which case, adjust the truss rod. Oh, and its best to let a tech do that or its like $300+ to get your neck fixed/replaced.