for those of you that have played them.......How do you feel about them?
how do you compare them too the floyd roses?
i just got a kahler trem but i need to order the arm in the meantime i wanna hear some opinions
Classical Guitarist
I like them better than my floyd...now sure how maintenance is on a kahler though.

They also have a more badass trem arm XD
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Khaler trems have less tuning stability, in the sense that, when doing heavy bending (like, 2 steps or more) it'll go out of tune.

however, depressing the trem slightly will put it right back into tune.

I personally love Khalers. I use the Hybrid.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by BreeBreeMiikey
I like them better than my floyd...now sure how maintenance is on a kahler though.

They also have a more badass trem arm XD

i think its actually simpler than a floyd. you just oil it every now and then and thats it. you dont even need to cut the ends of the strings for a kahler. a big plus for me since i dont have wire cutters.
EDIT*
For the guy above me.......i have a original kahler it came on my carvin.
Classical Guitarist
Last edited by Zep_shizzle at Aug 31, 2009,
Quote by Zep_shizzle
you dont even need to cut the ends of the strings for a kahler. a big plus for me
A big plus for you, a big minus for tuning stability. There's a reason double locking bridges have the most stable tuning, be it trem or hardtail - string is fixed dead at both ends, no slippage. Kahlers aren't double locking, and slip at the bridge like any good ole strat trem.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
A big plus for you, a big minus for tuning stability. There's a reason double locking bridges have the most stable tuning, be it trem or hardtail - string is fixed dead at both ends, no slippage. Kahlers aren't double locking, and slip at the bridge like any good ole strat trem.

that thing right there really helps my tuning and its stability. i laugh in your face. it came with my carvin. kahlers can be double locking too you know. at both the nut or ass an add on. that pic is a kahler double locking one that came on mine.
Classical Guitarist
Last edited by Zep_shizzle at Aug 31, 2009,
Quote by pifty

yep.

I prefer FR's or Super Vees as locking systems go... non locking, the Wilkinson VS100 for sure.
Side note: has anyone ever tried a super vee?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Zep_shizzle
that thing right there really helps my tuning and its stability. i laugh in your face. it came with my carvin. kahlers can be double locking too you know. at both the nut or ass an add on. that pic is a kahler double locking one that came on mine.
Laugh all you want, but it's single locking, at the nut. Or, as this case would be, behind the nut, which is significantly more lame than at the nut.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
Laugh all you want, but it's single locking, at the nut. Or, as this case would be, behind the nut, which is significantly more lame than at the nut.

lol. oh well to each their own i guess.
Classical Guitarist
I prefer the Kahler Hybrid on my KKV Sig compared to the FR on my TTM. Then again the TTM LFR is a complete piece of itshay.

To me the Kahler is just plain easier to maintain.
Schecter Jeff Loomis Sig. Hardtail... FRIDAY
B.C. Rich KKV Signature :: Kerry King EMG W/Boost
Schecter S-1 Elite :: SD Distortion Mayhem Set
Agile AL2500 Goth :: SD Hot Rod set
TTM Customshop USA Devastator :: Rusty nails W/shoelace