I've started noticing lately how much it really bothers me when people say a phrase like "It was real good" or "That movie was real scary." This just sounds so incorrect to me but it seems like I'm the only person who doesn't say this. Instead I say "really good" or "really scary".

I'm just wondering if I'm the only person that's bothered by this and just every other case where people use adjectives as adverbs.
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
It's incorrect. I avoid it. It tends to really annoy me too. But I don't really correct people with it. If that's what you consider correct and you aren't writing a paper, whatever.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
your avatar is the beat to the music i'm listening to. hahaha
edit: to the TS.
My Gear:
Fender Custom Shop Time Machine 1956 relic
plus accessories
Your position and your relationship with music has to be one from the inside. - John Frusciante
and yes, my avatar is weezy, what?
I've just come to associate it with the whole southern hick dialect that is everywhere down here which makes me dislike it even more haha

and I get that a lot RHCP
It annoys me intensely, and I don't think I've ever used it unless I was mocking someone. The one that really infuriates me, though, is using "proper" instead of "very/really". I don't think you have that in the States, though?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
I don't here it much where I live. But I hear it a lot down south. Must be a southern thing.
It was real REAL good.

You gotta emphasize on the second real.
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Quote by Perfection 101
It annoys me intensely, and I don't think I've ever used it unless I was mocking someone. The one that really infuriates me, though, is using "proper" instead of "very/really". I don't think you have that in the States, though?

No, people don't say that here but a lot of old people in the south say things like
"It's right busy in this store" using right instead of very. I don't get it but whatever haha
Quote by Bizarro
This is a real good thread.

oh you!
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Quote by RHCP987123
your avatar is the beat to the music i'm listening to. hahaha
edit: to the TS.

oh sh*t me too!
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Well done. I appreciate your effort in attaching my face to my words. Makes it much more personal.
Quote by ikitson
im drunk idc

you sir have just earned a sig
Quote by tancanada
He's from Arkansas. Of course he wants to eat it.

Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

Quote by ikitson
im drunk idc

( . Y . )
When I go hunting with my grandpa, we visit his friend Johnny Ray and he always ends his sentences with "I am" or "it is", like "it's hot out here, it is", or, "I was hungry, I was". I'd start doing it to for like a week.

It has little to do with your topic but it reminded me of that for some reason.
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
It's a Southern thing. I do it occasionally, too. It doesn't really bother me unless you do it in writing.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Aug 31, 2009,
Quote by GNiCk89
When I go hunting with my grandpa, we visit his friend Johnny Ray and he always ends his sentences with "I am" or "it is", like "it's hot out here, it is", or, "I was hungry, I was". I'd start doing it to for like a week.

It has little to do with your topic but it reminded me of that for some reason.

best damn avatar
Quote by tancanada
He's from Arkansas. Of course he wants to eat it.

Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

Quote by ikitson
im drunk idc

( . Y . )
That's because you live in georgia, in the south that's what people say. No one says "real good" here. You would be called a hick if you said that. We all say "really good"
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by ikitson
im drunk idc

Wait.... wait....

Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
Actually, your argument is real invalid because your username is C.C. Deville.
Quote by Turkeyburger
It's not cool to make fun of people with disabilities.....

(Being Norwegian is a disability)

Quote by BK202

Quote by Masamune
People who are bothered by petty little things bother me.

ha ha ha This. Everyday theres somebody on here complaining about little everyday things that don't matter. Like have you ever noticed that some people like to use 2 straws. Why do they do that? One works just fine.
Honeybiscuit is here.
they are just using bad grammar its not southern hick talk im from chicago and people still talk like that. Not everyone is like you, if you dont realize that you might have a hard time meeting new people
craystarR
That is annoying I agree. I'm not that prudish when it comes to english, even I don't even use correct grammar half the time, but that phrase gets old.
I find it real annoying.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.