ALRIGHT so here's the battle of the $150 Analog Delay pedals

MXR Carbon Copy
http://www.proguitarshop.com/product.php?ProductID=627&CategoryID=308

AND

Malekko Ekko 616
http://www.proguitarshop.com/product.php?ProductID=1689

I do not own a delay pedal and I am REALLY craving one right about now. So please help me decide between these two. They even happen to be the same price
Last edited by cbgb98 at Aug 31, 2009,
I own the Carbon Copy. Its a great sounding pedal but a bit overpriced. The Ekko 616 is ok, but not great. I'd look into the new Memory Toy and Boy.

edit- Dang..... just saw the PGS demo of the Ekko. Get that!!!!

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Last edited by jc349 at Sep 1, 2009,
Personally I'd go for the Malekko. I LOVED the demo PGS did of it today, and it's got more features than the Carbon Copy. They are the same price! I feel like I'm getting more for my money with the Malekko, and IMO it just sounds better! But that's not to say that the Carbon Copy isn't a great pedal...because it is!
I don't think you can go wrong with either one, but I'd also be on the look out for a Memory Boy/Toy
Carbon Copy I say. Never tried the EKko, but the CC was good. It's $150 in GC, but in Best Buy, i think it's $130. That is a deal. used it's like $90-$120.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
It sounds like a really cool delay. Infact, I am also looking around for a delay, maybe one of these would do good for me though, but really I'm just looking for something for leads. Think it would sound good hi-gain?

Go for it, infact go used so you don't lose if you want a different one.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
The Malekko is just so much warmer and more organic sounding than the CC, not to mention the larger feature set. Malekko hands down. I was shocked at how good it sounded in the demo when I watched it earlier today.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
coming from a carbon copy owner get the malekko

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

i saw both vids on PGS,
both are amazing delays
u really couldnt go wrong with either
i felt the ekko was more versatile
but the cc was warmer
personally id take the CC
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
That Malekko looks awesome. Too bad it's near impossible to get anything Malekko here..
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
malekke ekko...

PGS says godzilla has one =]

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

i haven't played the ekko but i thought the carbon copy was a huge rip off when i played it a while ago. it wasn't as nice and lush and you would expect.
add the EHX memory boy to that list
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
add the EHX memory boy to that list

Yea that would make up the big 3 analog pedals in a similar price range. I'll add my vote to the Carbon Copy purely because I have one and love it, and prefer it to what I've heard of the Memory Boy (but I've never had the chance to try one personally).

You'll get mixed opinions about each of these pedals your best bet is to try them and decide yourself. Some people love the CC for example, others can't stand it.
Quote by apak
Carbon Copy I say. Never tried the EKko, but the CC was good. It's $150 in GC, but in Best Buy, i think it's $130. That is a deal. used it's like $90-$120.

they sell pedals in bestbuy now?
Quote by cbgb98
they sell pedals in bestbuy now?

Not the one near us...some of the bigger ones they are though.
Quote by apak

I saw an internet ad for the Carbon Copy for $124. Showed it to Guitar Center and they matched the price. Nice pedal.