I'm looking for a new soon and I'm trying to decide what would be best. I have a Peavey xxx head and use a few rack things. I play in low tunings drop g# mostly death metal like black dahlia stuff. I like my amps to sound really clear, powerful, punchy, and loud of course. I don't really know much about gear but I was told a randall r412xlt or something similar would be clear and powerful. But I haven't really ever played much with randalls. I also know that mesa's are supposed to be amazing for this kind of music I play.
Avatar, if you can afford, they are very heavy and rare, but are around $700
If you don't have that kind of money get a Behringer, they make few guitar cabs, but usually they are cheap and are durable and are are Built for those low growling death metal tones.
Gallien Krueger is awesome
Quote by lionslicer9999
Avatar, if you can afford, they are very heavy and rare, but are around $700
If you don't have that kind of money get a Behringer, they make few guitar cabs, but usually they are cheap and are durable and are are Built for those low growling death metal tones.

lol wut?

Avatar 4x12 cabs cost between $500 - $580 NEW. Behringer makes some of the worse cabs available.

The simple answer to this is... Mills Acoustic.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by andrewcgreeley
my price range is around $800. Behringer cabs suck btw.

I'd probably go with a used Mesa or new Vader then. Does it have to be 4X12? Otherwise probably a Mills 2X12.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by MatrixClaw
lol wut?

Avatar 4x12 cabs cost between $500 - $580 NEW. Behringer makes some of the worse cabs available.

Really? The ones I saw where 750 new, but they had celestion speakers in them and the loudness from them is amazing, atleast my friends is... He can over power me playing drums at like 2 and a half :P

And Behringer isn't that bad, my friend has one and it's really thick, not too good with highs, but he plays a crate through it so idk how that incorperates with the sound :P
Quote by lionslicer9999
Really? The ones I saw where 750 new, but they had celestion speakers in them and the loudness from them is amazing, atleast my friends is... He can over power me playing drums at like 2 and a half :P

And Behringer isn't that bad, my friend has one and it's really thick, not too good with highs, but he plays a crate through it so idk how that incorperates with the sound :P

You know the cab has very little to do with overall volume right? As long as it can handle the power the volume will be about the same with any speakers/cabs.

EDIT: My god that second statement sounds like something an '09er would say, I am dissapoint.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Last edited by mmolteratx at Sep 1, 2009,
Quote by MatrixClaw
The simple answer to this is... Mills Acoustic.

THIS. If you're willing to stretch your budget a little bit you will NOT be disappointed with any cab from Mills Acoustics.

http://millsacoustics.com/
Stromberg Montreux
Schecter Hellraiser 7 String
Mesa Boogie "Son of Boogie" 100W Head
Mesa Boogie 112 Cab with a Celestion Vintage 30
Electro Harmonix Small Clone
Death By Audio Fuzz War

Quote by mmolteratx
You know the cab has very little to do with overall volume right? As long as it can handle the power the volume will be about the same with any speakers/cabs.

EDIT: My god that second statement sounds like something an '09er would say, I am dissapoint.

Dude idk, I just go by what people tell me lol. If I'm wrong then I'm sorry I listened to them... And the avatar has power because it over powered my halfstack at 2 and it was maxed out, we put my crate head on the avatar and it had way more volume, atleast trippled the volume... that much I know. The dude who owned it had a 100 watt peavey head, but going through my non celestion speaker cab had like no volume at all. Maybe my cabinet sucks, I don't know, I just know what happened and I just assumed that's how it worked, I'm sorry I'm not all knowing about guitar heads and cabinets.
Quote by lionslicer9999

An Avatar would only be that much if it was a 4x12 with their really super-expensive speakers.....

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.