Last week I won a Jay Turser "SHARK" project guitar on Ebay for a very, very low price, It's a brand new guitar that the head stock got broken in half during shipping. The head stock was the only problem and IMO an easy fix. I glued and clamped it back together and repainted half the head stock with my airbrush and some paint I mixed to match. I then put a few coats of gloss poly over it and you can't tell where the repair is anymore. The back has a slight line but it looks more like the grain than where it was cracked in half. You really can't see it in the pics but it is there. I'll be coating the back with a satin finish later. This is the third or fourth headstock repair I have done they are getting easier and easier to do. Matching the paint is the tough part!!!

I have bought several project guitars in the last few weeks. My next repair is a broken neck at the scarf joint on a Jay Turser Les Paul.

John
I'm interested to see why it's called a "Shark." Got any pictures of the whole guitar?

BTW, good job on the repair.
Quote by end_citizen
I'm interested to see why it's called a "Shark." Got any pictures of the whole guitar?

BTW, good job on the repair.

It's actually a shark...
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
It's shaped and painted to look like a shark. I have played a few, I thought it was more of a novelty guitar but it actually plays and sounds great. I did buy it because of the shape though. I like odd shaped and different guitars. I have a cheaper copy I built from parts I found on Ebay that I will be totally customizing. I thought it was a Jay Turser but it turned out to be some cheap China built copy.

John