Well I just need sum suggestions for some amps I could look into. As some of you might know I'm getting a ESP soon so I won't be getting the amp anytime soon (probably next year). You could say I'm pretty bored right now (currently in science class in skool) so I thought mayb I could just use this time to discuss which amps I should get later on.

First off I'm looking for a tube amp. I don't play combos so it'll be stacks. I'm guessing 100+ watts is what I'm looking for. What I'm using it for? Everything from practicing to live gigs. I mainly play metal, thrash, melodic death, etc... I'm also looking forward into playing neo-classical stuff.

Currently thinking about:
Krank
ENGL
Marshall

I just wanna know like which models are interesting n stuff like that. Krank and ENGL is pretty easy for me to get since I know the dealer n stuff. Marshall... well all I could say is theres tons of dealers here which sells at different prices (like REALLY different prices for the same model). I mainly wanna know which Marshall models to look for since I'm not that familiar with it. All I know right now is the JCM 800.

BTW budget is uhhh, idk but I could get a powerball thats for sure. As for cabs I'll deal with that later (as if right now I don't know what is good).
Hmmm orange eh, I don't like the dealers but wtv. I'll look into it POWERBALL!

Savage 160 seems pretty interesting. When me and my friend tried it, it like blew our heads off! (nor literally of course)
ENGL's good, but it's a little boutique imo.

Coming from a guy who bought a Roadking though... lol.

I always err on the side of versatility. I like being able to do whatever, and not having myself limited to a ballsy distortion, but no clean or smooth soloing, know what I mean? So, imo, the more channels, the better.

Surmise to say, test them out, and put it through its paces. If you want to be in an EVH cover band that also plays Metallica and Brad Paisley, make sure you can get the brown sound, the scooped distortion, and the hot twangy crap. Which reminds me... Take your own guitar to test.

Good luck.
Axes;
Ibanez S Prestige (Bubinga Top)
ESP LTD MH-103
Ibanez GiO with DiMarzio D-Activator X's!
'96(ish) Fender Stratocaster

Amps;
Mesa Boogie Road King II
Fender '65 Reissue

Joe Satriani's Group

Stop the Pick Gnomes!
Last edited by JAustinMunn at Sep 1, 2009,
engle blackmoore
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
ENGL is like at the top of my head right now but Marhsall seems interesting even tho ill never get to try it unless I buy it THAT day... pretty weird. My friend also asked to try a JCM then they let him go for a AVT or wtv... ENGL is no problem tho cuz I know the owner pretty good dealer over here at my place. Luv how they hav all the amps and stuff everywhr (tidy of course)
I'd go with ENGL
but if you want a marshall, I'd say JCM or JVM series.
But that's just me, I'd take your guitar down to the shop and try out as much gear as you can, then decide what you like.
Don't leave it up to the employees though, because i don't know about you guys, but my local guitar shops employees are pants on head retarded.
In a soundcheck there's never too much guitar. Just not enough of all the other instruments.

Quote by skwelcher
i dont think theres any reason to buy a gibson when you can buy an epi that looks the same
Quote by edge11
engle blackmoore

Don't be suckered into artist sigs.

Most of the time, they're virtually the same as the ones the artist used to use, but they can charge thousands more because the douche that got kicked out of Deep Purple plays one.

And alot of times, even if they aren't similar, the change isn't significant enough to warrant an extra grand, imo.
Axes;
ESP LTD MH-103

Amps;
Mesa Boogie Road King II
Fender '65 Reissue

Joe Satriani's Group

Stop the Pick Gnomes!
I personally like anything Peavey, or Line 6, any particular reason why you don't play combos?
Quote by MeLodicDethMTL
I wanted a peavey 6150 (the 5150 reissue) but then the dealer here sells it wayy too overpriced. So i gave up on peavey.

The 5150 is now the 6505, but he's talking about the 3120 which i believe replaced the Triple XXX. The 3120 is $1000 new in the states.
Quote by MeLodicDethMTL
And I do not live in the states + the dealer here SUCKS

What you need is a friend who'll buy/ship it for ya, lol.

How much are they charging for it where you are?
Axes;
ESP LTD MH-103

Amps;
Mesa Boogie Road King II
Fender '65 Reissue

Joe Satriani's Group

Stop the Pick Gnomes!
im not sure but I think it was like 3000 bucks for just the 6505 head... I just gave up on them.

I'd rather go for ENGL since special discount
Last edited by MeLodicDethMTL at Sep 2, 2009,