wearing t shirts every day then suddenly wearing a nice dress shirt?

*I used the searchbar and actually browsed quite a few topics kind of similar to what I'm asking but I couldn't find any answers so here goes*

I wear T-shirts every day. Every single day. I think the last time I didn't wear a t-shirt was to last year's homecoming.
I was looking through my closet today and found that nice button down shirt I wore to homecoming, and thought I looked pretty good, and that I should wear it to school.
My question is wouldn't it be odd to just show up looking semi-nice after wearing a t-shirt every day to school for the past 11 years. I just dont' want to have to put up with a thousand 'why are you wearing that?'s or 'you look like a douche.'
Anyone else dress nicely regularly?
Should I just wear a t-shirt again or try and look good?
Thanks for any help and lol-inducing not help.
Wear a T-shirt underneath and roll the sleeves up.

Then if you still feel uncomfortable you can take it off.
Quote by FLAgatorsLP
*I used the searchbar and actually browsed quite a few topics kind of similar to what I'm asking but I couldn't find any answers so here goes*

I wear T-shirts every day. Every single day. I think the last time I didn't wear a t-shirt was to last year's homecoming.
I was looking through my closet today and found that nice button down shirt I wore to homecoming, and thought I looked pretty good, and that I should wear it to school.
My question is wouldn't it be odd to just show up looking semi-nice after wearing a t-shirt every day to school for the past 11 years. I just dont' want to have to put up with a thousand 'why are you wearing that?'s or 'you look like a douche.'
Anyone else dress nicely regularly?
Should I just wear a t-shirt again or try and look good?
Thanks for any help and lol-inducing not help.
Not really. I wear t-shirts a lot, but I work at Kenneth Cole and get discounts. So I have some cool military type shirts like Jemaine Clement on Flight of the Conchords. I mean, if you were slacks and sh*t, it's weird. But I'll wear a dress shirt with jeans and vans.
Well, if you feel like wearing it, and it looks good in you, I don't see the problem x)
Let people think what they want :p
Or do you care about other peoples opinion?
Quote by The Madcap
I mean, if you were slacks and sh*t, it's weird. But I'll wear a dress shirt with jeans and vans.

Agreed.
I have to dress nicely for school. It's dress code.

But, wear it if you want! I'm sure it's not going to be that big of a difference.
Part of this Complete Breakfast!
Hmm thanks for the help guys I think I'll do it!
Nothing weird like slacks or anything, just either jeans or shorts. I was just concerned becuase I'm a fairly consistent, average dude, and honestly am concerned to a certain extent what people think of me.
And lol to the guy who said that this is what my mom is for. Point well taken.
DO IT ******!

But seriously go for it. Change is good right?
This space has been intentionally left blank.
I had free dress and wore button downs almost every day and rolled up the sleeves a bit.
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
Well I've randomly just worn a nice shirt to school a few times and I've gotten quite a few compliments and a bunch of guys asked me which girl I was going for :P Try it for one day and make sure you have a t-shirt on underneath it.
Quote by Z0S07657
Well I've randomly just worn a nice shirt to school a few times and I've gotten quite a few compliments and a bunch of guys asked me which girl I was going for :P Try it for one day and make sure you have a t-shirt on underneath it.

exactly, thats exactly how its going to go
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Do it. People are going to say that you look different, but in a good way and will compliment you.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
naw it ain't weird

wear what you want dude
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
If you can make the colours work, you could go with open-dress-shirt-over-T for a while to make the transition seem more natural.

Anyone else think that we need a(n) (only) Fashion/Style/Clothes thread?
I think change is good also, that's really what I'm getting at here, need to mix things up a bit. Only downside though is if this reveals a new side of me, I'm going to need to buy some new shirts, lol. Oh well.
Anyways, thanks for all the helpful responses everyone, much appreciated.

(and I rarely post in here, I read, but I think a fashion thread would be a good idea. I didn't know where to put this but thought if I explained my search procedure nobody would yell at me. lol.)
Wear an undershirt. Leave the top two buttons unbuttoned,(some people prefer leaving just one unbuttoned) and considering it's still summer, rolling your sleeves up would be a good idea.
"Satan isn't inside a guitar pick. He's in here. In our hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or excercise or tell the truth." -
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I wish I was gay.

Quote by cashewchaching
Even though he's an ugly woman, my favorite is john mayer.
Do it. Dressing nice shows dignity and self respect. People will notice you in a good way. I wear button down shirts and kahkis or slacks all the time. I even went to school in a suit and tie a few times for no reason. Mostly for attention I guess, because dressing nicely is the new way to be different since most people dress sloppy or strange to be "rebellious" when really they just look like everyone else.
Honeybiscuit is here.
Quote by blue_strat
Wear a T-shirt underneath and roll the sleeves up.

Then if you still feel uncomfortable you can take it off.

This.

I do this pretty much every day when it isn't 80+ degrees out.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
People probably wouldn't notice. No one ever comments on when I wear a T-Shirt (my wardrobe consists of 90% dress shirts), but maybe that's different.
Wear the shirt but to compensate for it, don't wear any pants
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
It looks great if a guy dresses in a nice shirt like that. It's really hot, definitely the best look. Just do it, keep doing it, and people will get used to it.

Michael Jackson - Forever loved
i wore a dress shirt to a party once after always wearing tshirts
my friends made fun of me.
i made out with the hottest chick there.

Its your choice dude
Quote by pengiunman
Hahaha you crack me up swansareroadkil.

:can't think of a smiley to put, your too cool:
Yeah, dress shirts are muchos coolios. I only really wear them when I am out drinking though (although I don't really go out for anything except drinking and playing football so...). If people make fun of you then erm...they are odd people.
I did almost the exact same thing last friday. I was running low on shirts and noticed the shirt I wore to my high school graduation (soft blue button-down) a few months ago and wore it with some brown hippie looking shorts and converse. It was pretty comfortable thanks to the balance and looked really good.

Balance is the key.