Hi! I have a B-52 AT112 Combo and just today I realized that after playing for a while, the volume fades out often. Like it doesn't cut completely, but it just fades out slowly and makes the sound weaker and weaker (if that makes sense). And when I turn it off and turn it back on, it works fine for about 15 minutes, then it does the same thing and the volume fades out slowly to a very weak sound.

I'm pretty sure this isn't a cable problem, because cables would just cause crackles or would just not produce any sound.

BUT I'm pretty positive this is a tube problem. This is my first tube amp and I really don't know much about tubes. Could this be the pre-amp tubes or power tubes causing the trouble?

According to the amp stuff, this is what it has:

Power: 2 – 6L6 / 5881
Preamp:4 – 12AX7
Phase Inverter: 1 – 12AX7

Also, would I need to bias this amp?, and how would I do that on my own (with a multimeter I assume?) ( and considering I don't have any spare money for a tech to do it)

Sorry for the long "problem".

Thank you!
How long since the last time it was re-tubed?

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Your power tubes are probably crapping out.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
definitely sounds like a power tube problem.

next time this happens look at the power tubes, see if you can see any red plating going on.
Yeah I'll check tomorrow when my parents aren't asleep. Does this mean I just need to change my power tubes? Do I have to change my pre-amp tubes too? I heard it was best to just retube everything.

How are these power tubes? (Amp uses 6l6's)
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/ElectroHarmonix-6L6-Matched-Power-Tubes?sku=210090

And would I have to take it to a tech to bias this? I have a multimeter and I can do it myself if it's not that difficult.

Thanks
Don't buy tubes at MF or any similar place because they are not tested properly there.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.