Does anyone own one of these? I played my friends samick SG today and it played awesome. I definitely want to look into one now. Anyone have any opinions about their guitars?
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
I think they're severely underrated. They're not really given credit, but I have a Greg Bennett Interceptor and they're awesome.
I've tried a lot of Samick guitars in the Malibu, Concord, and the Torino and they all had great playability, but I didn't really like their tone. The best Samick guitars, in my opinion, are the old discontinued models. I love the necks on Samick Guitars but I can't stand the body shapes they use. Still, they're good guitars not great.
The only shop in my old town that actually had anything that wasn't half rotted and less than $50 was full of Sammicks. I played a few when i'd go in for strings or pick, and i was never impressed by them. The only one i ever played that made a mark was this Tele copy, it sounded pretty decent and played very nicely, with a pickup/hardware upgrade it'd be a pretty good guitar to not give a damn about.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
I think Samicks are very decent. I like their basses, and a few of their electrics. I've never been impressed with the Acoustics... Not at all. Terrible imo.

I also feel the same way about Jay Turser... They're decent. You aren't paying for the name, y'know? I got a doubleneck Jay Turser and that's great for what I need it for.
Axes;
Ibanez S Prestige (Bubinga Top)
ESP LTD MH-103
Ibanez GiO with DiMarzio D-Activator X's!
'96(ish) Fender Stratocaster

Amps;
Mesa Boogie Road King II
Fender '65 Reissue

Joe Satriani's Group

Stop the Pick Gnomes!
anyone else. I really do like the neck but i dunno how they sound. i mean i'll put new pickups it but how is the clarity? Do they resonant fairly evenly?
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
For a "cheaper", "knock-off" brand, they are usually fairly nice guitars.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
The ones i've played have been pretty nice... the Greg Bennet models especially...

Remember that a good portion of "off brand" guitars and even cheaper "brand name" guitars like Epiphone, Washburn, Hohner etc. are made in Samick's factories... so you can only assume that they more or less know how to make a decent cheap guitar.
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr