Hey
I have a cheap Flying V(Randy Rhoads style) lying around which im not using at the moment.
I have built a EVH inspired strat and now i feel I need to pay tribute to Randy Rhoads my other favourite guitarist with a guitar inpired by all of his guitar. I dont want to build an exact replica of any of his guitars. I also dont want to spend too much money on this project.
So this is what I've been thinking of; Using the flying V and painting it Polka dot like Randy's other flying V. If there is anyhting else which you think I should do which would be easy to do and doesn't cost that much, then please suggest some ideas .
thanks

Maybe cut the headstock like a harpoon or make a bow tie inlay.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Maybe cut the headstock like a harpoon or make a bow tie inlay.

I can try cut the headstock but the original headstock is too small, but ill give it a try.

i like the inlay that the neck already has so im not going to do the bow tie inlays.

I forgot to mention, Which pickups should I use? I was thinking of filling the neck pickup pocket and just installing a new bridge pickup to save on cost of buying a new neck and bridge pickup cause the origninal pickups are quite crap.
Last edited by 2848_RAD at Sep 1, 2009,
randy used a dimarzio super distortion and paf, so if you want to sound like him they're your best bet
Quote by guitarcam123
randy used a dimarzio super distortion and paf, so if you want to sound like him they're your best bet

Yerr i was think of a creamy Super Distortion in the bridge
What pickups did he use in his other guitars?
I'm sure he used stock pickups in his Les Paul but what about his Jackson Flying V
you should paint it like randys original sin guitar.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by edge11
you should paint it like randys original sin guitar.

yerr it would be cool to paint it like the original sin but i really want the polka dots theme
So I've made up mind. It's going to be;
- Polka Dot paint job
- One humbucker in the bridge (in cream colour)
- (The neck pickup cavity filled)
Stock;
- Black hardware
- Standard tremolo
- Stock Inlays

Its going to look a bit like this, (the dots in the picture aren't to scale and not accurate)
Last edited by 2848_RAD at Sep 18, 2009,
He said he doesn't want to spend much. He probably doesn't feel like going through the hassle of putting one in either. I know I wouldn't
Yerr i already have a floyd in my San Dimas and im not looking to spend much on this little project.