ok I am REALLY in need of a distortion pedal, wah pedal, fade-in pedal, etc. I was looking at the boss me20 multi effects processor.

I use:
Esp LTD EX50
Marshall mg15dfx

I have only been playing for just over a year, really started getting into it about half a year after starting.

Will the Boss ME20 sound good through my equipment? what other multi fx pedals can you recommend? I am looking at under 400 bux (nzd).
lol I'm a n00b
The ME isn't bad, its nothing like a dedicated pedal board, but a great way to find out what you want. I might be willing to sell my ME-50, you should PM me if your interested.

It sounds fine through the MG, and definantly has better overdrive.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
I might be willing to sell my ME-50, you should PM me if your interested.

Even to nz? lol the shipping will be mAssive!
Oh, yeah I suppose. IDK its up to you if the shipping is worth it?

It isn't a bad pedal though, sounds much better paired with a nice amp then most modellers IMO.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Generally the rule is that multi-fx should be used through better amps. This, I find untrue. My favourite mulifx are made by Line 6. You should check some out.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by squirtle154
Even to nz? lol the shipping will be mAssive!

I have an ME-50 sitting around doing nothing. If you want it, PM me with an offer. I'm in Auckland.
I always feel obligated to pish the Zoom G9.2tt. Two 12AX7's in the signal chain, 3d expression pedal. Endless functionality. on ebay now for around 300 bucks and less! My band's other gutarist has this and it freakin' rocks man! Everybody who uses it falls in love with it, except my cheap ass. I already have to many damn pedals. If I was to buy a multi, it would be this one, no doubt.

Check it out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YUGlVG8-fI
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Quote by Jonny Ryan Mac
I always feel obligated to pish the Zoom G9.2tt. Two 12AX7's in the signal chain, 3d expression pedal. Endless functionality. on ebay now for around 300 bucks and less! My band's other gutarist has this and it freakin' rocks man! Everybody who uses it falls in love with it, except my cheap ass. I already have to many damn pedals. If I was to buy a multi, it would be this one, no doubt.

Check it out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YUGlVG8-fI

$300 US =/= $300 NZ
^True. Stil worth a look though.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Zoom Guitar Multi FX Pedal What we think: Don't be fooled by the size of this pedal! The G1 is a compact unit with a very user friendly interface. It's packed with a huge variety of features and immense Tube Amp Sound! Perfect for Live gigs, recording, jamming & practice sessions! Product Information: 24-bit/96kHz digital multi-effects processor and 40kHz frequency response 54 Effects types, 8 Modules, built-in drum machine & harmonized pitch shifter AC power adaptor (Included) or alternatively can be operated on 4x AA batteries. The Zoom G1 guitar effects pedal contains an enormous selection of effects and amp models for an incredibly low price. The G1 uses Zoom's ZFX-3 DSP chip and a 96kHz sampling rate to deliver amazingly accurate emulations of valve harmonics. And the 24-bit AD/DA conversion offers excellent dynamic range and 110dB signal to noise ratio. The G1 provides