For those that like hip hop (mostly the kind like Dr Dre, 2pac, Wu Tang Clan, Nas, Big L, Atmosphere, Roots, etc... not talking about rap like Soulja Boy or Lil Wayne) would you prefer to use live instrumentation (like guitar, bass, drums) rather than sampling? I mean I like a lot of the sampling that they did back in the day and even some today but Im not to sure what to do when it comes to the songwriting part of which to pick. And please explain in detail why I should choose one over the other.

Thank you all for you help.
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Quote by hendrixftw

Your user name fits firmly with your post.
Quote by floppypick
Helicopter whirl...

If this does not involve you somehow flying with your hair, I will be horribly disappointed.

PSN = wario184
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Fucking Watermelons...

How dat shit work yo?
live instruments. im not really into that sort of stuff, but you cant beat live instruments. they just always sound so much better
i generally hate hip hop but i do have respect for those artists u mentioned, some of the sampling today sounds so crap

but i guess it's easier to use computers then recording instruments

it's just personal preference though, whatever you think sounds better
Quote by canadaboy700
Your user name fits firmly with your post.

Yes it does.

Hendrix > All rap music combined x1000

IMO of course
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
It just depends on what will fit best. There's plenty of new technology available for new instruments, I don't get why so many musicians are against using it.
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
I always prefer the sound of real instruments over sampled ones. Especially for drums.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by whalepudding
I always prefer the sound of real instruments over sampled ones. Especially for drums.

That's just because you haven't heard superior drummer.
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
I've got to admit, I love the sampling. It gives a more cutting edge sound to hip hop. I think the point of it would be somewhat lost with live music. It's just the bare essential with the voice and that backing track. It's like you're watching a recording take place.

Michael Jackson - Forever loved
can we get a poll in here?

and live bands are always better imo. it does depend on the song, but generally, i like live bands better than samples.
Go Veg.
live instruments > sampling always. Ofcourse some rapper have such ****ed up beats that it would never work. But I would give anything to see a tupac concert with live instruments.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
I think hip-hop/rap with electronic based beats (like most newer stuff) sounds better with samples. But that old skool hip hop, and hip hop that uses live sounding beats, or old funk samples definitely sound better with a live band. Like the Roots, they're one of the tightest bands in the business. Snoop Dogg uses a live band too, and there's a lot of great musicians backing him. Or there's someone like Saul Williams, who uses a live band, but uses electronic instruments and samples as well. Like he shows, the two can co-exist and even improve each other.

---Pope John XXIII
Anyone who says that live instruments are better than sampling does not know what they are talking about and has probably never heard good use of sampling. Sampling has no limits whereas strict use of live instruments does. UG is a horrible demographic to ask this question too since most people here don't know or understand anything about sampling.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.