The song is in drop D but im putting it into E. I have 99% of it cept this one part:

e------------
b------------
g------------
d---0--1--0
a---0--1--0
d---0--1--0

There isnt enough frets to keep going down!

Cheers!
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Seref
My genitals dangle limply in disgust and annoyance.
not possible unless you put it an octave up
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Crap. So my logic said. Thanks bro
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Seref
My genitals dangle limply in disgust and annoyance.
Just remove the part from the a string and play it as normal. It's an octave up, but it'll sound right.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
try doing this instead:

d----------
a---5--6--5
d---5--6--5

that way you're playing the inverted versions of those power chords. It won't sound perfect, but you can usually play it without anyone noticing it sounds different.
um.. wouldnt it be like..

e
b
g
d2 3 2
a2 3 2
e0 1 0

Sure, its not the exzact same chord, but your going to get the exzact same sound out of this. these chords are just 1 - 2 steps higher than drop D
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by Vypor
um.. wouldnt it be like..

e
b
g
d2 3 2
a2 3 2
e0 1 0

Sure, its not the exzact same chord, but your going to get the exzact same sound out of this. these chords are just 1 - 2 steps higher than drop D

I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to have to change the whole key of the song just for that one part, thus the conundrum. Amirite, METAL_MAN135?
Quote by yoduh4077
try doing this instead:

d----------
a---5--6--5
d---5--6--5

that way you're playing the inverted versions of those power chords. It won't sound perfect, but you can usually play it without anyone noticing it sounds different.

this one
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by yoduh4077
I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to have to change the whole key of the song just for that one part, thus the conundrum. Amirite, METAL_MAN135?

Well, if there already changing tunings anyways....
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by Vypor
Well, if there already changing tunings anyways....

The Name of The Original Post is "What can I use to replace this Drop D chord in standard E?". I'm sorry but that confused me. I thought he wanted to play these chords without having to change tunings.

/sarcasm
Sorry, next time I wont suggest anything, becuase apparently, im full of unuseful information and discredible knowledge.

I wouldnt want anyone with a stick up thier ass to go getting all offended on me now.

/sarcasm
e------------
b------------
g------------
d---0--1--0
a---0--1--0
E------------

Perfect 4ths, i.e. inverted fifths. Same thing, 'cept the sound even more metal than fifths
Quote by METAL_MAN135
The song is in drop D but im putting it into E. I have 99% of it cept this one part:

e------------
b------------
g------------
d---0--1--0
a---0--1--0
d---0--1--0

There isnt enough frets to keep going down!

Cheers!

So you want to play that in in E standard?

I would just play:

e------------
b------------
g------------
d---0--1--0
a---0--1--0
E---x--x--x
how about: save yourself a lot of work and play it in drop d? its just dropping one string mate

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
Quote by numinis
how about: save yourself a lot of work and play it in drop d? its just dropping one string mate

i) He might have a floating trem, so dropping just one string is a hell of a lot of work.
ii) He might have a low string gauge, so dropping a string would make is sound slack
iii) Also, if you think playing in perfect 4ths is a lot of work...it's not.
Last edited by kenan6346 at Sep 1, 2009,
Quote by kenan6346
i) He might have a floating trem, so dropping just one string is a hell of a lot of work.
ii) He might have a low string gauge, so dropping a string would make is sound slack
iii) Also, if you think playing is perfect 4ths is a lot of work...it's not.

+1 to everything, man.