Morning
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by Bendybaws
Morning

hahahahahahaha

No but really, its all a matter of preference dude.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Depends what kind of fingerpicking too.
If you laugh at this I get to have sex with you.
Click here to see the most beautiful guitar imaginable.
Quote by Jeltz
Sukman_Jr: Going on a trip to Finmark in Norway is a bad idea aswell! Beware of Nazi-zombies!
not only is there no "best" wood, but there are things that affect the sound other than wood. for example, maple is considered a bright wood, yet i've played a couple gibson jumbos that were all maple and spruce but they had lots of bass and dark undertones.

why not just play a LOT of guitars till you find the one you like?
These people are all giving you wierd answers :S The fact is, the woods LARGELY preffered by 'fingerstylists' are often the midrange woods... ranging anywhere from warm/mellow----->Bright/tinny

But, like they said it's preference in the end... but I figured I'd give a more straightforwar answer
Taylor 414ce. Ovangkol on a grand auditorium body is fingerpickin good!

thats just my suggestion, its up to you and your ear really. Who knows, the best sounding one to your hear may even end up being a laminate guitar.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce