Alright, now i'm confused with this sh%t!!

I love them used aesthetically (the ibanez reverses are the best i have seen, buts thats besides the topic)

but do they have any effect on playability or pitch or whatever?

some basic physics have answered my question but i need to know and confirm from more knowledgeable people..

care to clarify?
your space sirs...
If you want to get laid, go to college,
If you want education go to a library

-Frank Zappa-
i figure string tension would be no different provided there is a string tree of some sort involved.

Stringing and tuning would obviously be different but other than that i see no problems.
may i ask how string tuning will be different? coz to the best of my knowledge when the nut locks in the string is measured from there to the bridge, right?
If you want to get laid, go to college,
If you want education go to a library

-Frank Zappa-
You could chop off the headstock and it would be exactly the same, as long as you had a locking nut.

A reverse headstock will only affect how you tune it, since you're probably used to turning the keys counter-clockwise when they're on the top of the headstock. Reverse is a little different at first because you turn the pegs clockwise, but really it's not worth mentioning. Also, you might be more prone to changing the tuning pegs on a reverse headstock if you're not careful and bang it into things often...

Reverse headstocks are for looks only!! And they do look cool in some cases.