Firstly, Hey hows it goin? Ive been knocking about these forums for a while now showing my face now and again and I thought As my very own rig is starting to shape up I should have ago at this UROTM stuff. Yeah anyway, Im 18 and I have been playing for about 6 years now. Im self taught and I am in an “official” band www.myspace.com/stonedeafofficial for the band I do all the mixing mastering etc. I also do odd and sod gigs filling in for bassists and a little bit of teaching. This month I am going to university to continue studying music technology.

So without further ado, On wards to my rig. I will start with the weapons of choice!

My Warwick corvette $$ (2nd Hand)

Now I know alot of people dont seem to like these, But after picking it up I couldnt stop thinking about it. So a couple of weeks after dropping a deposit I paid in full and took it home! Theres a little story about it I suppose. After getting my very first job at the Spar (Some crappy convenience store near where I live and yes, I hate it!) I thought, Im gona save my money for a real nice bass! I had decided on buying a Fender Geddy Lee Jazz, after having a play on a few and loving them. So I went to my local store to find out how much they could get me one in for when I saw this, I had ago and fell in love.
It has much sentimental value as it was the first big purchase I have ever had with my own money that I actually worked for!

My other main bass is probably my Peavey 5-string Dynabass
I got this when I had been playing for around three years after starting to go into heavier music I decided that extra string was probably necessary. My local music store is a big Peavey stocker so it was the first one I looked at and not knowing any better in my youth, I asked for it for my birthday, and there it was when I woke up! at £200 this was an absolute steal because it is a fantastic and versatile bass. My first bass was A Peavey and so was my first amp so I guess I have a certain soft spot for them, But they genuinely are a fantastic company.

The next bass is my latest installment, A squire VM fretless jazz bass.
One of your guys favorites!
After reading everyone raving bout them, I decided to see what the fuss was about. I realized after playing them what it was!
This was then my 18th birthday present! (Along with Executive box tickets to see Manchester United XD)
You dont need me to talk about this one because you all know!

EFFECTS

So these basses are going through my newly acquired effects board consisting of a Digitech Bass Squeeze compressor > Ibanez weeping Demon Wah > Boss Bass overdrive > Sansamp Programmable bass DI.

Im not a big effects guy, but I generally seem to be using all of these things in band situations.

Then finally my amp.
Peavey Tour 700 Going into the Warwick WCA Pro11
With my amp I wanted something versatile because I always seem to find myself playing different genres on a weekly basis for gigs etc etc.
The head I got for christmas from my parents. But the cab I paid for myself. Funny story actually I at first bought an ashdown 8x10 from ebay. Bidding as a joke really not thinking I would win but I ended up picking it up for 300 GBP!
So I got really excited but when it came it was a mess! Covered in glue rips and 2 of the speakers didnt actually work. So after a long ass time and some arguments and threats the guy took it back which left me 50 quid outta pocket sending it back!
I then decided to go for the warwick cab after having a go through the very same one at Music live 08. And its been good to me ever since!

Anyway yeah! Thats my rig, hope you all liked it and I will answer any questions asked.
Cheers!
Last edited by 6stringbasshred at Sep 1, 2009,
Loving the Dyna bass...great instruments. I agree about Peavey.

What's you get the $$ for? Used prices on 'wicks don't ever seem to stabilize.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Sep 1, 2009,
Quote by 6stringbasshred

The next bass is my latest installment, A squire VM fretless jazz bass.
You dont need me to talk about this one because you all know!

I see frets...
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Quote by Dream Floyd
I see frets...

Those aren't frets, they're plastic inlays. The fingerboard is completely smooth.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Dream Floyd
I see frets...

Fret markings...?
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
the lack of a six string bass amuses me. cool gear!!!!
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
the lack of a six string bass amuses me. cool gear!!!!

I still have one! Its just not rig worthy! haha
I was naive when I Signed up and I thought 6 strings were cool, I just dont really dig mine now.
Quote by Mutant Corn
Loving the Dyna bass...great basses. I agree about Peavey.

What's you get the $$ for? Used prices on 'wicks don't ever seem to stabilize.

Got it for about 500 GBP.
It was practically brand new so it seemed like a fair deal.
nice rig and your vocalist sounds like layne staley, which is awesome
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
me likey, the warwick is especially pretty!!! And I too love the feeling of buying a nice bass with YOUR OWN money...its wicked
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
That's a very nice rig you have there, I'm jealous. One question, how do the Sansamp and Weeping Demon go together? I'm thinking of getting both when I have the money. How versatile are they together and by themselves? What sorta tones could I expect when both are combined/used separately?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Nice rig man! Is that Peavey head heavy, cos I have a Max 700 and it's make of concrete or something. Are modern Peaveys any lighter?

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

I think I'd buy that fretless if it weren't for the metal plate under the controls. Looks terrible without a pickguard IMO.
That's a very nice rig you have there, I'm jealous. One question, how do the Sansamp and Weeping Demon go together? I'm thinking of getting both when I have the money. How versatile are they together and by themselves? What sorta tones could I expect when both are combined/used separately?

It sounds pretty badass, the sansamp is an absolute godsend it literally can do anything you want it too. The Weeping demon is pretty evil sounding, I really dig it got a real sharp flavor too it compared to other wahs I have tried.
Quote by 6stringbasshred
It sounds pretty badass, the sansamp is an absolute godsend it literally can do anything you want it too. The Weeping demon is pretty evil sounding, I really dig it got a real sharp flavor too it compared to other wahs I have tried.

Ah right, thanks. I'll give them a try when I get the opportunity.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Last edited by fleajr_1412 at Sep 2, 2009,
Very nice rig! Did you buy the VM used or new?
Duck

Bass tones are hard to find.
My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5
Quote by Uber-rocker
Nice rig! Another question about your Weeping Demon though - how much did it set you back?

£20 from a friend who quit playing.
There normally about £90
Pretty good rig(I wish my family bought me gear). Warwick's pretty nice, good cab too. If I had that I would play it 23 hours a day(1 hour rest period) But all I have is a Schecter Stilletto Deluxe and an amp that is too horrible to even mention.