What would CGCFAD (at least I think that's it) tuning be called? I tuned my guitar to that and it sounds awesome.
It's drop C.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Quote by ShestShestShest
That is drop C and it most certainly is not awesome.

What a ****head... its drop C and its the best tuning next to drop B
Quote by ShestShestShest
Really? I'm sorry I thought I could have my own opinion

And: I thought Drop C was CADGBE. What's that then?
Last edited by 1nSingularity at Sep 1, 2009,
Quote by ShestShestShest

Shut your dirty mouth!
Lol @ the people getting butthurt about whether drop C is good or not. It's a tuning. Be quiet.
Quote by 1nSingularity
Really? I'm sorry I thought I could have my own opinion

That's standard tuning with the low E dropped two full steps.
Quote by 1nSingularity

Strictly speaking you're supposed to call it "Drop D one whole step down." But players who use CADGBE are so rare that we can just use "Drop C."

J.
Yeah drop C. I used to use it all the time, but now ****ing hate it.
Check out my Electronica project!
http://
It's Drop C. Its a really fun tuning for metalcore and the like. Another good one to try would be C# Standard (C#,F#,B,E,G#,C#) as a few of the more musically talented metalcore groups use it. I personally like C# Standard a lot more, but both are fun to mess with
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Quote by ShestShestShest

It's preference, what makes it any less awesome then whatever tuning you use?

Quote by 1nSingularity

CADGBE.

Neon, Neon....

Anyone remember the thread where the dude tuned his guitar to CABbEGE?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Last edited by biga29 at Sep 1, 2009,
Quote by Metlhead443
It's Drop C. Its a really fun tuning for metalcore and the like. Another good one to try would be C# Standard (C#,F#,B,E,G#,C#) as a few of the more musically talented metalcore groups use it. I personally like C# Standard a lot more, but both are fun to mess with

It's not like metalcore bands only play barred powerchords.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
It's not like metalcore bands only play barred powerchords.

Who cares? Music is music is ****ing music. If it really bothers you that much, don't listen to it.

Also, All That Remains is arguably metalcore, and they sure as hell don't play just barred powerchords

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

Quote by Metlhead443
It's Drop C. Its a really fun tuning for metalcore and the like. Another good one to try would be C# Standard (C#,F#,B,E,G#,C#) as a few of the more musically talented metalcore groups use it.

Please don't tell me that what your saying is that bands that play in C# Standard are more talented then bands that play in Drop C...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Quote by biga29
Please don't tell me that what your saying is that bands that play in C# Standard are more talented then bands that play in Drop C...

Im not saying that, I'm saying that some are better than some. I said "a few of the more musically talented." I just personally find All That Remains or BTBAM more musically talented than say BFMV or As I Lay Dying. I love all four bands, it was really more a statement of opinion.

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

Last edited by Metlhead443 at Sep 1, 2009,
Quote by Metlhead443
Im not saying that, I'm saying that some are better than some. I just personally find All That Remains or BTBAM more musically talented than say BFMV or As I Lay Dying. I love all four bands, it was really more a statement of opinion.

I get what your saying, but a tuning has nothing to do with a bands talent... For one thing, the tuning doesn't really have anything to do with the band... Just the guitars and bass. (exception is when guitars are tuned to a frontman's vocal range.)
But just because Oli Herbert uses a "standard" tuning instead of a "dropped" tuning, doesn't make him a more talented guitarest then Phil Sgrosso or Nick Hipa; the fact that he's a better guitarist (IMO) makes him a better guitarist (IMO)... Though I've heard AILD's guitarist do some pretty cool things too.

The tuning only suits what kind of music they wants to play, for example, a riff played in Drop C# using a bunch of open powerchords hammering on to power chords farther up the neck would be incredibly hard to play in C# Standard.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Quote by biga29
I get what your saying, but a tuning has nothing to do with a bands talent... For one thing, the tuning doesn't really have anything to do with the band... Just the guitars and bass. (exception is when guitars are tuned to a frontman's vocal range.)
But just because Oli Herbert uses a "standard" tuning instead of a "dropped" tuning, doesn't make him a more talented guitarest then Phil Sgrosso or Nick Hipa; the fact that he's a better guitarist (IMO) makes him a better guitarist (IMO)... Though I've heard AILD's guitarist do some pretty cool things too.

The tuning only suits what kind of music they wants to play, for example, a riff played in Drop C# using a bunch of open powerchords hammering on to power chords farther up the neck would be incredibly hard to play in C# Standard.

I completely understand that, and I wasn't saying that because they use this tuning they are better, it was more of an observation to go along with a tuning recommendation.

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

Quote by Metlhead443
I completely understand that, and I wasn't saying that because they use this tuning they are better, it was more of an observation to go along with a tuning recommendation.

Gotcha
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
why is UG loaded with off topic challenge pissing lately. not just this thread but all of UG today.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
Quote by fullsailstudent
why is UG loaded with off topic challenge pissing lately. not just this thread but all of UG today.

It's not off-topic, the topic is guitar... We're discussing our views and seeing other peoples. It's how you learn.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Quote by Metlhead443
Im not saying that, I'm saying that some are better than some. I said "a few of the more musically talented." I just personally find All That Remains or BTBAM more musically talented than say BFMV or As I Lay Dying. I love all four bands, it was really more a statement of opinion.

Are you kidding me? Have you heard BFMV's solos? Have you heard AILD's breakdowns? They must be the 2 most talented metalcore bands out there.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Drop C and D standard are my favourite tunings. Perfect blend of playability and tone.
Quote by biga29
Anyone remember the thread where the dude tuned his guitar to CABbEGE?

Yes, that was classic. Have to admit it's creative though. I wonder how the tuning actually sounds just strummed open.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
I like the way drop C sounds because once you drop lower than that, the strings just get this really odd, loose sound to them, even if you have thicker strings
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Looks like you've gotten your answer.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...