Hi,

I am looking for an amp with as clean of tone as humanly possible. I like to play a lot of different styles of music, so I figure if I get a really clean amp I can just run pedals through it to change my tone. My price range is about $1000-$1500, but I would prefer to stay as close to $1000 as possible.

Oh, I do gig so I need the amp to be able to cut through over a drummer.

Thanks
Last edited by njm0830 at Sep 1, 2009,
find a fender twin reverb.

best clean sound in history, then you can run pedals through it, ontop of it having some nice american distortion too.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
find a fender twin reverb.

best clean sound in history, then you can run pedals through it, ontop of it having some nice american distortion too.

i can vouch for this one, my music teacher at school has a fender twin
it is godly!
yea go for a Fender twin
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
If you want loud, clean tones, try any of the following:

Roland Jazz Chorus
Peavey Transtube
Crate Powerblock
Fender Twin
Vox AC100
Hiwatt Custom 200
Ampeg SVT Micro Classic
Ashdown Superfly

Though for versatility, I wouldn't recommend getting a clean amp and using pedals for overdrive - your distorted tones won't sound that great. Why not just buy a really versatile amp instead? Something like a Mesa DC-5 or a Laney VH100 would work great.
the only drawback to the Twin Reverb is that it doesn't have an Effects Loop.
But, that amp doesn't really need any pedals....LOL...

But just for your consideration, check out a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (or Deville).

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Quote by jonmo1
the only drawback to the Twin Reverb is that it doesn't have an Effects Loop.

That is a pretty major consideration if you want to use much delay, chorus, phaser etc
Quote by njm0830
I like to play a lot of different styles of music, so I figure if I get a really clean amp I can just run pedals through it to change my tone.

orly, why not get an amp with a good clean tone and a good lead channel? Plenty exist in your price range.

The twin is a nice enough amp, so is a jazz chorus. But they are simply one trick ponies that require pedals to get gain. There are nice enough pedals but how much do you enjoy tap dancing?

Can you elaborate on how heavy the stuff you play is? Please list bands for cleans and distortion. Also genres. Blues? Jazz? Metal? Classic Rock?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
another choice would be the ENGL Screamer 50.

i dunno about american pricing though.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Ceriatone Overtone Special is something to consider if you like Dumble cleans.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Silver-spear94
another choice would be the ENGL Screamer 50.

i dunno about american pricing though.

It's well within his range (the Thunder as well).

For this kind of money, you can get a good sounding, versatile amp.

So who here likes the Bogner Alchemist? :p

Also, if you can play one, a Carvin V3 is a decent amp in my mind...among many others...I thought of this one just because I played it recently and I've just ordered a Carvin guitar.

Quote by Raijouta
Ceriatone Overtone Special is something to consider if you like Dumble cleans.

I've never played one but I'd really like to - I thought about building a Ceriatone a couple of years ago but then I didn't....
-Mike
Last edited by HopePoisoned at Sep 1, 2009,
The Bogner Alchemist isn't a very clean amp, if you ask me. The Screamer is cleaner than the Thunder. Although, the Screamer actually has more natural and preamp gain.

Vox AC30 may break up too easily. Maybe a Brunetti MC2, Koch Studiotone (the 40 watt version), Orange OR, Peavey Classic 50?