It's called "Set in" neck, where you have no heel but you still have the bolts. I think anyways...
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

I'd call that a Bolt-On cause you're using bolts to keep it in place. If it were a Set-In neck then it would have to be glued into the body.

But thats cool that they can make it feel like a set neck
GUITARS
Jackson AT-1
Schecter Loomis-FR
Squier Stratocaster
BASSES
Jay Turser JTB-402
AMPS
Fender Super Champ XD
Washburn Mad Dog
PEDALS
Vox Satchurator

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
So it is a bolt in neck with good upper fret access.

Does anyone like the look of that PRS kit? I am getting a les paul and explorer and need a third one to get a nice discount.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
The type of join does actually have a name. Im just not 100% what it is.
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

lol, dude getting 3 wont get you a discount, geting 2 will cost aboutthe same (per kit) but however for 1guitar kit its expensive.

other than that i might be getting it for less because ive got stuff from the supplyer before..?

anyway, it will prolly cost you, because the LP, and Explorer are new kits there, so more price ect.

and that prs one is extreamly expensive for no aparent reson.

anyway rant over lol im going to bed

Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
3 types of joint. Bolt, set and through. that is a bolt on
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
Ahhh never been sure what these are till now, my mate has this old les paul double cut copy with a neck that is attached like this, bolted but extended under the pickup, pretty strange. I think he said its warped and needs replacing, bet itll be a bitch to find a replacement.

I've always found that prs body shape rather boring, I would get a different one.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Thanks guys, yeh matt I sent in a quote for a JEM, Explorer and the LP with flame maple. Hoping less then 500 :P
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.