Just looking for thoughts and opinions here.

I bought the amp uber cheap, plays nice enough but I'm looking for a better speaker for it. I have the two listed above available at work. Also, I'm not set on one of those so please rec any speaker under $130 ish new. (In the US here).

The amp is voiced with a natural scoop, similar to most fender amps. (Bassman amps aside). I'm on the fence about installing a mid heavy speaker so any thoughts there is appreciated.

I'm looking for the best match for the amp. I use it for cleans and blues and similar wankery. I have other amps for gain at lower volumes, although this one sounds nice when the volume is set at about 3:00. It's just not that often that I can achieve that in a condo filled with blue haired volume nazi residents.

I know about the ultimate speaker thread, I'm looking for a wider range of opinions and thoughts here. Those from the Ultimate speaker thread are certainly welcome and invited to post here. Hai Mr. Carrot!
Quote by gregs1020
Just looking for thoughts and opinions here.

I bought the amp uber cheap, plays nice enough but I'm looking for a better speaker for it. I have the two listed above available at work. Also, I'm not set on one of those so please rec any speaker under $130 ish new. (In the US here).

The amp is voiced with a natural scoop, similar to most fender amps. (Bassman amps aside). I'm on the fence about installing a mid heavy speaker so any thoughts there is appreciated.

I'm looking for the best match for the amp. I use it for cleans and blues and similar wankery. I have other amps for gain at lower volumes, although this one sounds nice when the volume is set at about 3:00. It's just not that often that I can achieve that in a condo filled with blue haired volume nazi residents.

I know about the ultimate speaker thread, I'm looking for a wider range of opinions and thoughts here. Those from the Ultimate speaker thread are certainly welcome and invited to post here. Hai Mr. Carrot!

I think I would go with a greenback myself, lovely speaker. V30s are mid heavy and have a harsher high end.
WTLTL 2011
I'd say greenback if you want a mid-heavy speaker, and it should be, if not helpful, at least less detrimental to the volume issues than a v30.

A weber 12a125 would be my choice for a more fendery speaker, and it's not too sensitive either. The 12a125a is more scooped and brighter than the 12a125, if you want more of a blackface feel for the cleans.

I've got a greenback in mine and it's more along the lines of a rolling stones sound, but still sounds good.
I just picked up and installed the Warehouse Speakers' Veteran30 speakers. I love them. And apparently they fix that mid spike V30s have.

And theyre 69 bucks. I'd reccomend them.
thanks everyone, i'm leaning towards a greenback but wanted to hear other peoples thoughts. I'd rather buy from our store, which can order virtually any speaker but we have the two I've listed in stock. Also, I have a V30 in a different amp and kinda want to have something else to experiment with, swap between the two amps etc.