Hey guys, this may be a really stupid question to ask but i own a jackson X series warrior with floyd rose but the floyd just annoys me so i stopped using it. I know about tremol-No's but i was wondering if it would be considerably damaging to the nut if i removed the locks so i can tune with the machine heads?

thanks.
Last edited by WarriorArtist94 at Sep 1, 2009,
that's how you'd tune anyway. The ones on the bottom are only fine tuners.
Quote by necrosis1193
Somewhere in a concert hall in Sweden, you have just caused Yngwie Malmsteen physical pain. You also caused him to catch on fire.

Quote by frusciante.ve
I like that new song of theirs that goes all "peeeeeaaaas wiiiill comeeeeee toooo meeeee"

Just because you Seymour Duncan, doesn't mean you Seymour Dunshould
Quote by MacMan2001
that's how you'd tune anyway. The ones on the bottom are only fine tuners.

This.
You obviously don't know much about floyd rose's.
hey, i know what you're talking about with tuning like that anyway (i do) but i mean removing the locks permanently, since they aren't intended for that.
Last edited by WarriorArtist94 at Sep 1, 2009,
Quote by WarriorArtist94
hey, i know what you're talking about with tuning like that anyway (i do) but i mean removing the locks permanently, since they aren't intended for that.

Well you just screw them out, what's the point...
When I tremol-no'd my jackson, I tried leaving the locks on the nut off, just having it open but it sounded horrible for some reason. I'm not sure why, just guessed it wasn't desinged to be used like that and left them locked still.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9