Hi I need to find some famous band examples that fall into the following categories, I'd appreciate any help you can give:

*A bandmember who really wanted to be in one position (eg guitarist) but instead got put in another (eg drums) and resented it the whole time*

*A bandmember who just used a band as a stepping stone to forge their real dream of a solo career*

*A bandmember who was the most technically proficient, best at theory etc but got stuck on the bass (for example) and had no say in the band running thanks to bigger egos*

* A bandmember who sucks pretty much, but was included becuase of their passion*

*An outsider brought into a pre-existing band, with no personal ties to it, and purely in it for the career.

Thanks
Well In Lamb Of God, Chris Adler wanted to be the bassist but finally let John Campbell play and he took over drums.....But I dont think he resented it.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by Fivebretz

*A bandmember who just used a band as a stepping stone to forge their real dream of a solo career*

Elliott Smith of Heatmiser.
And Cliff Burton was the most technically proficient and musically educated member of Metallica...But He never got "stuck" to the bass...He prefered it. LIKE A REAL MAN.

*hmph*
Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

1. Bon Scott.

2. Fergie.

3. John Paul Jones.

4. Anthony Kiedis.

5. The entirety of Megadeth that isn't Mustaine.
Quote by Fivebretz

*A bandmember who really wanted to be in one position (eg guitarist) but instead got put in another (eg drums) and resented it the whole time*

Noel Redding from The Jimi Hendrix Experience was a guitar player who was put on bass. The entire time he thought he was Jimi's superior on guitar.
Feed your mind.
Quote by JacobTheMe
1. Bon Scott.

2. Fergie.

3. John Paul Jones.

4. Anthony Kiedis.

5. The entirety of Megadeth that isn't Mustaine.

Oh come on. Anthony Kiedis sucks? :

I would say Ringo Starr would suit that position much better.
Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

Since when have bassists been the ones lacking theory? I know many bands, mine included, where the bassist has the most knowledge about theory and it's application.

Additionally, technically proficient? At what? I'm more technically proficient at bass than my drummer and guitarists, and they're more technically proficient at their instruments than I am at theirs. Wrong choice of phrasing, kiddo.
what is this for?
you still have zoiiidbeeeerg
(V) (;,,;) (V)
YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG
Quote by TheBurningFish
It's more shocking to see Tom dressed at all.
Quote by suckersdream
I don't think I've ever actually seen him clothed.
Sexy Peoples Only
◕ ‿ ◕
TweetZ
OK there's some controversy about the way I worded that, I didn't mean it to be insulting, all I meant was a person with the most theory knowledge not being able to apply it, I just picked the bass as an example.

I want this info as research for a cracked.com pitch I am making
good luck with that. Yeah, Sid vicious suits the 4th one. John paul Jones for 3rd. The last one can be filled by any band that lost a member and has been replacing them over and over again.

1st one: Dee Dee Ramone maybe? I don't think resented is the right word.
2nd one: Frank Zappa?
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Quote by TheBurningFish
Quote by suckersdream
Sexy Peoples Only
◕ ‿ ◕
TweetZ
Last edited by GuyWhoDoesStuff at Sep 1, 2009,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Since when have bassists been the ones lacking theory? I know many bands, mine included, where the bassist has the most knowledge about theory and it's application.

Additionally, technically proficient? At what? I'm more technically proficient at bass than my drummer and guitarists, and they're more technically proficient at their instruments than I am at theirs. Wrong choice of phrasing, kiddo.

Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by Fivebretz
Hi I need to find some famous band examples that fall into the following categories, I'd appreciate any help you can give:

Thanks

justin timberlake?
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
for the third one id say John Paul Jones but i dont think he resented anyone for it
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
Although it is the norm to insult the position of bassist on this site, it really isnt an idea to do it in a way that makes your statement seem serious. So making it seem that bass is a compromise iwill not please the bassmonkeys. They are by far the most insane people on UG. Be afraid....

>.>

<.<
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Quote by Fivebretz

I know that Geezer Butler (bassist for Black Sabbath) originally wanted to be a guitar player. But he was friends with Iommi and Iommi didn't want two guitar players in the band. I'm not sure if he "resented it" but that's what came to mind.

*A bandmember who was the most technically proficient, best at theory etc but got stuck on the bass (for example) and had no say in the band running thanks to bigger egos*

Again, Geezer Butler. Ozzy would never listen to him when he came up with guitar riffs simply because he was a bass player. I'm not sure if he was the most techinically proficient, but he was the main lyricist.

Not sure if these are what you were looking for, but they came to mind.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
5. Almost all of Death, with the exception of Chuck and maybe some of the guys that played with him on SoP and then joined Control Denied as well, like Richard Christy.
Bon Scott wanted to be a drummer first, but they had a drummer already.

He got to be vocalist, but he did not hate it.. I think.
DeVillains!

Buckethead's time with GnR seems to fit into this one, I think.
for number 1 you can use Christian Olde Wolbers from Fear factory. When Dino Cazares left he was forced to play guitar
Quote by Fivebretz

*An outsider brought into a pre-existing band, with no personal ties to it, and purely in it for the career.

Ringo Starr
Quote by juniorlbj
Gentlemen...

It's fap time!
For the first one; getting stuck with another role in the band that is, you could name axl rose, he first played drums and also bass (not in guns n roses though) but he was the only one who could sing so he got 'stuck' with vocals and went with that from there on
Quote by ILuvPillows?
So making it seem that bass is a compromise iwill not please the bassmonkeys. They are by far the most insane people on UG. Be afraid....
We've got nothing on the metalheads, who are in abundance.

People saying Anthony kiedis for the passion one are right, for the first few albums he was pretty.. bad.
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Quote by TheBurningFish
Quote by suckersdream
Sexy Peoples Only
◕ ‿ ◕
TweetZ
Quote by GuyWhoDoesStuff
We've got nothing on the metalheads, who are in abundance.

People saying Anthony kiedis for the passion one are right, for the first few albums he was pretty.. bad.

I'm a bassist that plays metal... guess that makes me a Daywalker.
I think all of these catagories apply to Billy Corgan in some way or another.
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni