Hi, I have this question that was given by my teacher and even after 3 hours of reading the textbook and hours of computer research, i still cannot find it out.. so i came to the pit, perhaps you guys may know. Thank you so much in advance.

How did the reilgious confilct between Judaism, christitanity and islam , help lead to the beginning of the Renaissance?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Suspect drugs.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I'd imagine it was something to do with the religious conflict causing everyone to take a lot more pride in their faith, hence the extremely elaborate religious art and architecture.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
As a medieval history buff; actually do research rather than asking the pit of all places. If it hasn't worked so far keep looking, because if you don't get it yet I don't think the pit of all places can explain it well.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54

But seriously, you're not gonna to find a sentence somewhere that gives a definitive answer
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
one example is how after the crusades the europeans brought back much of the middle-eastern culture that they were not exposed to.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
i'm really surprised that there are so many serious answers in the pit
Tom Tompson came paddling past, I'm pretty sure it was and he spoke so softly....

but... He said 'I bring on a brand new renaissance coz I think I'm ready'

the answer is in the 15th century though...

GO!
Quote by ChucklesMginty
The got angry with each other, and went to there bedrooms to write music about their feelings.

Cleave mine wrists and furthermore befoul mine eyes.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
A few things:

Exposure. When you travel so far to fight (i.e. Crusades) you take in other cultures and ways of doing things. For example, musical instruments that at one time were only located in one, relatively small area is now available or at least known of by the world.

Pride: Christan pride was a large part. Build your churches as best you can for your God, Paint your art as best you can for you God, Etc etc. It lead to science trying to understand HOW god works, which lead to the scientific revolution.

Questioning: While the Renaissance did have a heaping pile of christian art, if not blatant christian pride, it also began a thought process of questioning, or at the very least trying to understand the way things work. Ideas that appear in art, such as the Golden Ratio, were used to try to create a balance using what at the time was a proved neurological ratio that pleased the mind. Geometry and Academics flourished, along with an idea of proof rather than faith in science.

Understanding: Pre-Renaissance popular thinking was one with complete belief of Gods interference of life. If something bad happens, you pissed off God. While after the Renaissance, there was a general understanding that the God factor, at very least, took back seat to natural phenomenon in the world. This was prominently due to the advances in science along with the already mentioned, Proof rather than Faith idea.

Hope this helps. I will answer questions if you want.
Gear:

Gibson SG
Epiphone LP
"Apocalypses Guitar"
70's Silverface Bassman Amp
Russian Bigmuff
Digitech Deathmetal Pedal
Digitech Badmonkey Pedal
Boss Tuner
Last edited by rossj90 at Sep 1, 2009,
Quote by Anathetic
Hi, I have this question that was given by my teacher and even after 3 hours of reading the textbook and hours of computer research, i still cannot find it out.. so i came to the pit, perhaps you guys may know. Thank you so much in advance.

How did the reilgious confilct between Judaism, christitanity and islam , help lead to the beginning of the Renaissance?

Hmm, well I dont know the answer for sure but here's a try. Before the Renaissance society was largely uneducated and religious (no im not saying the two are synonymous at all). The crusades were an example of this. They were wars heavily funded and backed by religious leaders and kings alike. But that's not all there was. There was still trade between these three religions, goods AND knowledge was passed back and forth between Islam (east) and Christianity (west) with Jews being the middle men. Islam, unlike Christianity, had translated and studied many classical thinks such as Plato, Socrates, Aristotle, Pythagoras blah blah. The Jews got this knowledge, translated it, took it back to Europe and shared it with the Christians.

This exchange of knowledge had quite an impact in a Europe which had been denied education for a long time by the Roman Catholic Church. I believe that through this, Renaissance Humanism started, both in Italy with Machiavelli and Petrarch and later up North with Erasmus and stuff.

So in shorter words: Islam and Christianity fight. Trade also happens. Through Jews Christians find out Islam's knowledge about classical philosophers. People pick up on it and read the stuff a lot = Renaissance humanism.

That's the best i could do. Its a tricky question.

Quote by rossj90
A few things:
Pride: Christan pride was a large part. Build your churches as best you can for your God, Paint your art as best you can for you God, Etc etc. It lead to science trying to understand HOW god works, which lead to the scientific revolution.

Wasn't the Scientific Revolution in the 1600s, just before the Age of Enlightenment? The Renaissance which the TS was asking about was in 1400s. however, if you meant that the Renaissance led eventually to the Scientific Revolution, that is completely correct.

I don't know if this is helpful for the TS but adding to rossj90, the Renaissance largely secularized things in Europe. You had the Pope financing both kinds of painting, Christian and secular. And on top of all that you had the stuff we love to read about, the corruption and the sex scandals (Lucretia Borgia!!) haha.
Last edited by Limaj_daas at Sep 1, 2009,
Quote by Limaj_daas
no problem at all, though i must say, your teacher is an ass to give you that question.

Why are they an ass?

It's a completely viable question.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
Why are they an ass?

its one that requires an extremely long winded answer.

Quote by Limaj_daas

Wasn't the Scientific Revolution in the 1600s, just before the Age of Enlightenment? The Renaissance which the TS was asking about was in 1400s. however, if you meant that the Renaissance led eventually to the Scientific Revolution, that is completely correct.

I don't know if this is helpful for the TS but adding to rossj90, the Renaissance largely secularized things in Europe. You had the Pope financing both kinds of painting, Christian and secular. And on top of all that you had the stuff we love to read about, the corruption and the sex scandals (Lucretia Borgia!!) haha.

you are correct. I was saying it lead to the scientific revolution. Re-reading how I responded, I understand I went a little off base with my response.

Furthermore, I commend your response. It was fairly more articulate than mine and I thought it complemented my post rather gracefully. I am pleased to find someone on the inter-webs who hasn't lost all form of normal type and punctuation, let alone grammer. Good day Sir.
Gear:

Gibson SG
Epiphone LP
"Apocalypses Guitar"
70's Silverface Bassman Amp
Russian Bigmuff
Digitech Deathmetal Pedal
Digitech Badmonkey Pedal
Boss Tuner
Last edited by rossj90 at Sep 1, 2009,
Quote by rabidguitarist
Why are they an ass?

Yes its viable, as rossj90 said, the answer isnt straightforward. This would make for a good essay question though, dont know if that's what the TS was given.

Quote by rossj90
and i was trying to say it lead to the scientific revolution. re reading what i said i understand i went a little off base with my response.

ah, alright got it.