I want to buy a pedal board for my various pedals, however, I want to route them such that I have multiple stop pads that will turn on various different pedals such that my signal does not deteriorate too much. When I am looking to get this done, how much so I expect to pay? Are there are legitimate places that anyone could recommend?
Are you just going to be running two routes of effects or will there be more? if you just want two routes then an A/B pedal will work for you (very easy to build - £15, cheap to buy £30).

If you want more options then you can build yourself a custom bypass strip which is slightly more complex than an A/B box but not much more.
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-
Most likely I would want to buy something that would let me program multiple routes so that I can get different combinations of pedals.
Midi?
EDIT: Something like this- http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Digital-Music-Ground-Control-Pro-Foot-Controller?sku=153511

For each switch, you can program an amp or channel and pedals. So basically, with one switch, you can switch your amp to clean, turn off a noise suppressor, and turn on a chorus at the same time.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Last edited by apak at Sep 1, 2009,
Dont they have routers you can buy, hook up all the pedals to them and program a board that will let you decide which pedals (essentially ports from the router) you can turn on? Not MIDI from what I understand.
Quote by ChrisCollini
Most likely I would want to buy something.

This is the building board - you're more likely to get an answer about buying gear in the gear board.

With a bypass strip what you get is a load of send/returns each controlled by a foot switch. To turn a route on you stand on its switch, to turn it off you do the same (meaning if you want to change from one to another you have to press two at once).

A good thing is that you can put as many pedals in each route as you want and it's true bypass so when the routes are not in use you get no noise from them.

This is only really good if you have 3+ routes though. I have no knowlage of midi so I can't comment on that stuff.
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-
If you can solder, I'd build one. Most companies overcharge you a ton.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Quote by ChrisCollini
What is a good bypass strip to buy?

You build it. You'll end up paying over $100 for a bypass strip with like 3 pedals worth. Making one would cost you around $30 and some of your time, and you can do more than just a few pedals.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
You can build one for about £6.50 per loop + £5-10 for the enclosure. You'll also need a soldering iron, solder and a drill bit big enough for the jacks.

To buy them you're looking at £100+ for something with about 5 loops and you can easily pay more than that.

This is a tutorial on how to make one. It might seem like a lot of work but I made a single bypass stomp box and it was pretty rewarding when I was done.

Bypass Strip Tutorial
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-