Well, I guess I've been dabbling in guitar for about 9/10 months now, and after accumulating some paychecks over the summer, I think it's time for a new amp.

My gear:

1998/1999 Fender MIM Stratocaster (SSS)
Zoom GFX-707
Boss OC-3 Super Octave
Crate GX-15R
Crate GX-30M (needs speaker work though)

I'm happy with my GX-15R in terms of a practice amp, but I'd really like a nice tube amp, possibly for "giglike" situations (my friend wants to start a band)

As far as what I play, I'm really into the classic rock stuff (Hendrix, The Beatles, etc.) I'd also like an amp that will work well with my Strat.

Also, just a note, but I'm thinking of buying a Fender bass as well, so it would be a nice bonus to get an amp that will work for bass too.

My budget: ~$300 US (used). I don't want to spend a fortune here, but I know the value of buying quality equipment.

Thanks! If you need more info feel free to ask.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
can you sell your unused gear to up your budget?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
For an amp to work well with a bass, you will have to get a combo/cab that has speakers that can handle the low freqs. Nothing should happen to the amplification unit really.

For those bands i would suggest a used AC15, great cleans, great overdrive. But you will have to buy a bass speaker if you plan on gigging through it with Bass.

If i were you, i would leave the Fender Bass for now, and get a good amplification unit. A Rocker 30 could be right up your ally, but like i said you wll have to forget the Bass guitar for now...
Rocker 30, VOX AC- range something british voiced.
Quote by TheWall27

Spot on, JWZ28, spot on.

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Blackstar HT-5
Framus 2x12
Quote by JWZ28
Rocker 30, VOX AC- range something british voiced.

the Rocker is wayy over his budget
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by stykerwolf
If i were you, i would leave the Fender Bass for now, and get a good amplification unit. A Rocker 30 could be right up your ally, but like i said you wll have to forget the Bass guitar for now...

Yeah, it isn't urgent by any means. I'm just browsing Craigslist for MIM P and J basses and such.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
I asked this question amidst another thread, and they recommend a Peavey Windsor Head.

Any thoughts? I like the price
Quote by yellowsnow4free
I asked this question amidst another thread, and they recommend a Peavey Windsor Head.

Any thoughts? I like the price

That might work well for what you want to do, but try it first, the reviews i read were pretty mixed. Also, i love your avatar. Flapjack FTW.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Anyone else have any input? I'm loving the recommendations.

I'm thinking about getting an amp head, just so I will have the option of upgrading speakers and stuff in the future (also makes it easy to put in a bass speaker)

Please give more input!!!
...umm, how is a head+cab within his price range?

For $300 you're best left to look for a used combo. Peavey Classic 30 would fit the bill, and that would be my recommendation. Try to find an older one (one with straight edges and without the big circle logo thingy or whatever its called, it's what the new ones look like - don't get it over an older one).

And don't play a bass through this amp.
-Mike
Take a look at the Fender Super Champ XD. You won't need your Zoom with it. Which is good because the Zoom's distortion is pretty bad. I used to have that same unit.

If you want to play bass with it then you need an ext cab with a bass speaker.
Quote by HopePoisoned
...umm, how is a head+cab within his price range?

For $300 you're best left to look for a used combo. Peavey Classic 30 would fit the bill, and that would be my recommendation. Try to find an older one (one with straight edges and without the big circle logo thingy or whatever its called, it's what the new ones look like - don't get it over an older one).

And don't play a bass through this amp.

+1

A used Classic 30 would be great for you. You can find them around $300 used.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Also look into the Crate V series, Vintage Club series and Palomino V series.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by HopePoisoned
Peavey Classic 30 would fit the bill, and that would be my recommendation. Try to find an older one (one with straight edges and without the big circle logo thingy or whatever its called, it's what the new ones look like - don't get it over an older one).

Like this?

Why are the new ones different from the old ones?
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab