umm i was wondering if i can add a sh-8 invader to the bridge of a aquier bullet start without ****ing around with the pickguard and wiring?
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
Is it routed out for a humbucker?
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Look up some diagrams for The config u want i cant remember if the invader is a humbucker or single but if its a humbucker u may need to upgrade the pot to a 500k
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by nav00
Look up some diagrams for The config u want i cant remember if the invader is a humbucker or single but if its a humbucker u may need to upgrade the pot to a 500k

its a high out put humbucker please explain the pot?
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
Wait, you want to put a replacement pickup in, without messing around with the wiring? Unless you have the EMG quik connect thing, you can't, and that's just for EMG's
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Quote by sw1ss023
Wait, you want to put a replacement pickup in, without messing around with the wiring? Unless you have the EMG quik connect thing, you can't, and that's just for EMG's

who said anything bout emg's?
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
To change pick up you need to get under the pick guard, and as with any guitar you need to mess around with the wiring.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Oosh.
To change pick up you need to get under the pick guard, and as with any guitar you need to mess around with the wiring.

i knw that i meant by messing around with wiring like makings mods adding stuff upgrading stuff i knw the soldering stuff
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
if its routed for a humbucker then just buy a new pickgaurd thats shaped for one
Gear :
strat copy (SD Hotrails in bridge, Lil' 59 in Neck)
Orange Dual Terror
Orange PPC112
Pitchblack/SHO Clone/Morley PWA wah
Um, that's kind of impossible to do without solder.
Sorry.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Um, that's kind of impossible to do without solder.
Sorry.

i didnt say i dont want to solder i said i dont want to change the wiring systems etc etc
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
i gave a link 2 its wiring diagram up in this thread can someone tell me how to find if its routed fr a bucker'
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
take off the pickguard...

You'll have to modify the pickguard, too.

Also, could you type with a semblance of correct spelling? itz a pain to rd sumthin rittn lyk this.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Sep 1, 2009,
Well i don't know why you'd put a mediocre pickup in an even lower-quality guitar but oh well..

You'll need a HSS pickguard, then you just need to wire the pickup to the selector switch i think.

Also, the pickup will sound even worse than usual because of the cheap electronics in the guitar, and i think they use 250k pots stock so the pickup will not be as powerful and even more muddy (and it's fairly muddy to begin with) because of that.
Quote by oneblackened
take off the pickguard...

You'll have to modify the pickguard, too.

Also, could you type with a semblance of correct spelling? itz a pain to rd sumthin rittn lyk this.

sorry dude ill try to help it
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Pac_man0123
Well i don't know why you'd put a mediocre pickup in an even lower-quality guitar but oh well..

You'll need a HSS pickguard, then you just need to wire the pickup to the selector switch i think.

Also, the pickup will sound even worse than usual because of the cheap electronics in the guitar, and i think they use 250k pots stock so the pickup will not be as powerful and even more muddy (and it's fairly muddy to begin with) because of that.

hmm thanks alot ill review my decision
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
if you dont wanna cut the pick guard, the only pickups you can replace the originals with are other single coils. there are stacked humbuckers that are single coil shaped, but it wont have the exact same tone as a normal humbucker would.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"