Here is the situation:
I have a Roland Cube 60.
I have a Boss Mega distortion peddle, and a Boss DD7 digital delay peddle.

I play melodic death metal, just so you know what sort of sound im after.

what i normally do is plug the distortion peddle directly into the amps main input port, and then plug my guitar into the peddle (if im using the delay i just add in the delay peddle into the chain, connected in 'series' i think).

Now i see at the back of my amp there are some input ports.
under one section called Foot SW there is options for: delay/reverb, EFX, and channel select.

then one for external speakers, one for line in and one for line out.

now is there any way i can get a better sound or whatever by plugging the peddles into anyy of these ports at the back of my amp? if so how can i do it? if not what are they used for? please explain im very confused cause i have tried befor and never got it to work
i would go boss mega into dd7 into amp. Ideally you would have and efx loop for the dd7 but you dont so this will be the best way to do it.
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
Stop using the distortion pedal, you don't need it - the amp has more than enough gain on it's own.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i use the distortion on the accoustic setting.
its my way of having a 'channel switch'-because alot of our songs have acoustic parts in it. so when its time to be acoustic i just turn off the distortion. also for some reason my acoustic channel can go louder than the lead channel, so that helps for gigs too.

so joey arce, are you saying i basically do what im doing at the moment, except i switch the peddles around? so that dd7 is first going to the amp main input port instead of distortion?
That's going to sound like crap, you don't wnat to be running distortion into an acoustic simulator - if you must use it use the clean setting
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
on the amp there are two options..
JC clean, and Lead. JC clean is the channel i use and it sounds fine...

eq on the peddle.
gain 5
distortion 5
bottom (bass) 5
tone (trebble) 6 or 7
level (volume) 10

eq on the amp
bass 6
middle 10
trebble 7 or 8
presence 10
Last edited by FreakShow99 at Sep 2, 2009,