I did a quick 5 minute search, and did not find a thread about vehicle tires. If there is one could someone please direct me towards it?

Anyway, I just recently purchased a 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, and i am looking for some new tires. This is my first vehicle, and i am getting my license tomorrow. I have decided to ask the knowledgeable community of UG for some opinions(mistake?).The tire size is 265 75R16.

Where I live, about 7-8 months out of the year the roads are snow-covered. I was thinking that an All-Terrain tire would be my best bet. As of now, I do not plan on doing any serious off-roading, so i do not want a big, loud, clunky-treaded tire. However, the majority of the time i will be driving on pavement(whether it is snow covered or not.)I am looking for a sort of "budget" tire, because after i purchased this truck i had to put 1300 USD of repairs into it(that's another story). I have been to a few places around my town, and here are a few of the options that i have.

Kelly Safari Trex, 130$ a piece
Uniroyal Liberator 135$ a piece
GoodYear Tracker2 120$ a piece
Bridgestone Dueler RVT 140$ a piece

The whole point of this thread is to get a decent (all-terrain?) tire for as cheap as possible, I do not have a job yet, and cannot afford the best of the best.

Here is a picture for those of you who enjoy them, I know that i do:
You know why there aren't any threads on vehicle tires?

For the same reason that there isn't any threads on beansprouts, or power adapters.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Wtf there's no beansprout thread?

I need to rethink my life
Gear:
.Fender Classic Series '70s Stratocaster
.Peavey Classic 30
.Xotic BB Preamp
.MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
.Vox V847A Wah
.Boss RC-2 Loop Station
.Washburn WI-24 (first guitar )
Quote by rabidguitarist
You know why there aren't any threads on vehicle tires?

For the same reason that there isn't any threads on beansprouts, or power adapters.

I'd like a thread dedicated to power adapters actually. I hate those devils, and it's always confusing when you have to buy some for your pedals.
Quote by RyanDV
Wtf there's no beansprout thread?

I need to rethink my life

You need to go HOME and rethink your life.

Get it right man!

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by anubiz03
I'd like a thread dedicated to power adapters actually. I hate those devils, and it's always confusing when you have to buy some for your pedals.

Yeah, let's do dat.
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Quote by Wylde_Man
I did a quick 5 minute search, and did not find a thread about vehicle tires. If there is one could someone please direct me towards it?

Anyway, I just recently purchased a 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, and i am looking for some new tires. This is my first vehicle, and i am getting my license tomorrow. I have decided to ask the knowledgeable community of UG for some opinions(mistake?).The tire size is 265 75R16.

Where I live, about 7-8 months out of the year the roads are snow-covered. I was thinking that an All-Terrain tire would be my best bet. As of now, I do not plan on doing any serious off-roading, so i do not want a big, loud, clunky-treaded tire. However, the majority of the time i will be driving on pavement(whether it is snow covered or not.)I am looking for a sort of "budget" tire, because after i purchased this truck i had to put 1300 USD of repairs into it(that's another story). I have been to a few places around my town, and here are a few of the options that i have.

Kelly Safari Trex, 130$ a piece
Uniroyal Liberator 135$ a piece
GoodYear Tracker2 120$ a piece
Bridgestone Dueler RVT 140$ a piece

The whole point of this thread is to get a decent (all-terrain?) tire for as cheap as possible, I do not have a job yet, and cannot afford the best of the best.

Here is a picture for those of you who enjoy them, I know that i do:

Gas Guzzler... and there's another behind in white... you Americans and your big fuel hungry cars...
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Quote by Matt420740
Can't go wrong with the Goodyears for 120 apiece.

Thank you very much Matt420740, your post is EXACTLY what i was looking for. I really hope it doesn't take another 8 posts for me to get a sensible reply.