Hello everyone, i think im saving the "im a new guy plz be gentle" ****.

What i want to play is stuff like Carlos Santana, Richie Kotzen, Tony Macalpine , pretty much an overdrive tone. I also wanted a little distortion for rythm stuff, like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpHLozgII2c .

Basically, right now i own a Jackson DXMG-T ,a Marshall MG 15cdr and a Digitech RP50.
The thing is , i've always wanted to have a Fender Strat, i love everything about it, and im seriously thinking bout buying one, but then i realized i should buy a new amp because mi current amp is solid ****.

I was thinking bout buying a Fender FM 212r, the reason is that here in Mexico EVERYTHING and i mean everything is extremely expensive (the chepaest tube amp of 15 w is about $850 dlls). So there's this guy selling me a FM 212r fairly cheap (lets say $300 dlls, when here in Mexico its $700 new) and im on budget, lets say i have $500 to spend.

I know many of you hate this amp, i know it has a very good clean channel and the OD sucks. That why im planning to get a Bad Monkey for OD and MT-2 for distortion to compensate the ****ty Fender OD channel.

so what do you think i should do? New guitar? New amp? Other pedals? Thanks a lot from the south of the border.
Last edited by Lemming16 at Sep 1, 2009,
Although the Frontman does take pedals FAIRLY well, I don't have too much experience with its response to much distortion. Regardless, there are much better pedals than the MT-2. I would look into the Hardwire Valve Distortion or Metal Distortion from Digitech, or the MXR Fullbore. Also, some Danelectro OD pedals are good to look into along with the Bad Monkey.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
I would go for a new amp, that's a decent guitar you've got and a nice new amp would make it sound better. Then save up for a fender strat, I have one and it's a good alternative to a jackson, so you've got the right idea if you're going for a more classy sound.

But yeah, new amp first, then guitar after all the sound is mostly from the amp.
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
Quote by papershredder
I would go for a new amp, that's a decent guitar you've got and a nice new amp would make it sound better. Then save up for a fender strat, I have one and it's a good alternative to a jackson, so you've got the right idea if you're going for a more classy sound.

But yeah, new amp first, then guitar after all the sound is mostly from the amp.

I agree. A better amp will give you a much better tone than the Fender through a Frontman. However, if you truly Cannot afford a nice amp, then maybe you should just get the guitar and some pedals. I strongly recommend looking into used amplifiers off of ebay or something, and arranging for shipment to Mexico. Another option would be to buy a Nomad, Belair, or X100b from Carvin. I THINK that they ship to Mexico. Then again, you could cross the border and buy an amp here, right?
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
hey guys, im being offered a Crate FXT120 2x12 120 Watts,what you think? is it better than the fender? i've read some good reviews in here, and they're selling it to me cheaper than the FM 212r.
Btw, i just bought my MT-2 min ago, for $30 dlls , now i just need the Bad monkey.