I have a friend who is selling their Schecter C-1 Lady Luck for £280, should I go for it?

I already own an Ibanez RG350MDX, which I use with my new amp (Line6 Flexitone III Plus) and I do have the money, although it would be the last of my money. I wasn't really saving for anything else, apart from perhaps the £1300 Zerberus Hydra

Suggestions?
Last edited by A Rock Bassist at Sep 1, 2009,
Can't say much about the Schecter, but I'd seriously think twice before buying the Hydra. It's just awfully expensive for a guitar that sounds hardly any better than an Epi with upgraded pups or an LTD400/500/600 model. No doubt it looks fancy though.

EDIT: The one I tried wasn't all that great at least. Good enough for heavy rock / metal rhythm playing, but lacking overtones, not all that great clean.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Sep 1, 2009,
Quote by TheQuailman
Can't say much about the Schecter, but I'd seriously think twice before buying the Hydra. It's just awfully expensive for a guitar that sounds hardly any better than an Epi with upgraded pups or an LTD400/500/600 model. No doubt it looks fancy though.

That beauty can't be bad can it? Thats a let down :p
Just take a picture of it, then blow it up, and put it on a better playing guitar.
He's no good to me dead-Boba Fett
Quote by A Rock Bassist

That beauty can't be bad can it? Thats a let down :p

Hey, try it for yourself and see if you like it. I am known to be a picky snob when it comes to guitars.

I checked the price for the Lady Luck. 450 quid new. I'd say 250 used would be a nice deal if it's in good condition. Pop in better pickups at some point and you'll have lots of fun with it for years to come.
Quote by A Rock Bassist
If only I could photoshop reality...

I see your point...
He's no good to me dead-Boba Fett
The Hydra II is much better IMO.

And you should really only buy another guitar if it's a step up above the one you have, unless it's a completely different type of guitar. Like having an RG and buying a strat at the same price range is perfectly good.

But since you already have a rock guitar in the same range as the Schecter, what's the point in buying it? It won't sate your GAS at all.

Ask yourself if you need it the slightest bit. It seems to me that you have no excuse to get the Schecter, it's just that it's a good deal. So I'd say continue saving up for a great guitar and don't get the Schecter.
Quote by mamosa
The Hydra II is much better IMO.

And you should really only buy another guitar if it's a step up above the one you have, unless it's a completely different type of guitar. Like having an RG and buying a strat at the same price range is perfectly good.

But since you already have a rock guitar in the same range as the Schecter, what's the point in buying it? It won't sate your GAS at all.

Ask yourself if you need it the slightest bit. It seems to me that you have no excuse to get the Schecter, it's just that it's a good deal. So I'd say continue saving up for a great guitar and don't get the Schecter.

I was meant to put Hydra II, thats the one I want. And I guess I don't need the guitar, and it'd be a miracle if it was as fun as my Ibanez. You make a lot of sense

However, it 'won't sate my GAS'? What now?

Maybe I won't get it then. And it'd be strange using a guitar with no fret markers.
Quote by A Rock Bassist
I was meant to put Hydra II, thats the one I want. And I guess I don't need the guitar, and it'd be a miracle if it was as fun as my Ibanez. You make a lot of sense

However, it 'won't sate my GAS'? What now?

Maybe I won't get it then. And it'd be strange using a guitar with no fret markers.

GAS=gear addiction syndrome. It's the disease that makes us want to buy more gear. But buying a guitar at the same level as the one you have won't satisfy your GAS. That was my point.
Quote by mamosa
GAS=gear addiction syndrome. It's the disease that makes us want to buy more gear. But buying a guitar at the same level as the one you have won't satisfy your GAS. That was my point.

Ahh I see, and now I have something to call it other than "I like guitars and basses I guess".
Quote by A Rock Bassist
Ahh I see, and now I have something to call it other than "I like guitars and basses I guess".

LOL yeah, GAS is a bit more elegant.
I'd go for the shecter, the other one looks pretty, but I would test out before playing, make sure I would get the vaule.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Tango616
I'd go for the shecter, the other one looks pretty, but I would test out before playing, make sure I would get the vaule.

OMG Terrans are not the best! I loved Starcraft. Zerg kicked ass. Protoss were stronger, but it took them longer to build up and they're expensive. Zerg are cheap and strong. Terrans are in between.
does the schecter play real nice? ive played a few of them where they were just godly melt in your hands type of thing. wish i would have bought one. but then again ive played total **** hell raisers in fact every hell raiser ive played was pretty bad...