I love the look of both of these guitars.
But I'm a tall, lengthy, goofy lookin' dude as it is, and I hate the way that small guitars look and feel, but everyone in the world has the EC-401, and I want something different.
I haven't played the MH-401NT, nor have I ever seen one, and I don't know if its worth the risk to just order it. But I've herd it has a perfect neck, so I don't want to pass up a gem for something less!

Help me out here!
Is the MH-401NT smaller, and would it be awkward when standing up?
They play a lot like a strat built for higher speed playing... I'm not sure how good of a description that is.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
IIRC, the MH401NT has an agathis body, which sucks as a tone wood. I'd go for the EC.

EDIT: Nevermind, that was another model. Get the MH over the EC.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Last edited by JagerSlushy at Sep 1, 2009,
im not gonna suggest one or the other, but it sounds like u want the ec more. did u ever wonder why everyone has one? they are just that good and people love em. i went thru the same thing. i have a les paul and strat for gods sakes. who DOESNT have one of those?? u just gotta get over it and get what YOU want. (also remember u can customize the crap out of anything, i always put on different pickguards, knobs, accessories to make my guitar unique even though they are very generic guitars.)
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Never buy a guitar you've not already played. "I heard it has a good neck" means nothing. What is a good neck to one person can be an awful neck to others. Some people might love thin necks, while others may find that such a small neck literally cripples their hands. Some people might find thick necks very comfortable, while other people may find that a thick neck is literally unplayable as they are unable to get their hands around it properly.

However, all that said, I personally would go for the EC model as there are more variations (passive or active pickups, more finishes) and because with the mid-range guitars like this, neck-through construction is typically awful. Neck-through is a dreadful idea unless the guitar is using the very highest grade maple and mahogany in it's construction and you're not going to get that with the 400/401 models, or even the 1000 models.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
MH has a set-thru net and twin 81's. EC has a set neck with an annoying heel for playing the high frets and 81/60. EC has better pickups, MH has better feel and fret access.

-JMPO.
I have the tremolo version of the MH, so look in my gear thread and search "NGD ESP LTD MH-401QM" for my thread on it. It's basically the same thing, but red and with a floyd. It's a wonderful guitar, so I highly recommend it.

It's a set neck. Make sure you want EMG pickups as they're the only ones that come on the MH-401 models.
Quote by Perp8tualMotion
Thank you, Red Comet, for restoring a bit of my faith in human kind.