Quote by muckypup
What about for people who don't?

Then you lose

actually, to clarify, through september Line6 are giving away free licenses for podfarm to registered Line6 users. the plugin must be authorized to either an iLok or a compatible piece of Line6 hardware.

its kinda funny, i already have a PodFarm Platinum license, and now i got a free one too.
not the most useful thing in the world
Last edited by TheDriller at Sep 1, 2009,
Quote by TheDriller
Then you lose

Actually, you win for not not installing iLoks malicious, buggy software on your computer
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
so wait, is this a podfarm platinum license? Cause podfarm comes stock with line 6 products, but not the platinum. I mean I have a ux2 so I could probably use it, I'll check it out.
The platinum has like 90+ amps?

Tah free stuff will always WIN!!!! (Nice Crow, AcmeBarGig, Lepau, ...)
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Actually, you win for not not installing iLoks malicious, buggy software on your computer

Blah blah blah, typical exaggerated bull**** from a non-user. i'll tell you this much, the iLok has been by far the easiest and most reliable license system i have used. no more fvcking around with serial numbers and challenge/response codes. frankly, i wish all my software licenses were on it.

and don't bother with the usual "oh but what if it breaks or you lose it lol" bull, there is a license replacement system in place for just such an occurence.

Quote by Thomasoman
so wait, is this a podfarm platinum license? Cause podfarm comes stock with line 6 products, but not the platinum. I mean I have a ux2 so I could probably use it, I'll check it out.

no, its a non-platinum license.
Quote by seanington
Are iLoks sold only on their website?

I may purchase one, this seams like a good deal.

As far as i know some of the larger guitar stores stock them, and of course many of the usual on-line retailers.

got mine from thomann.de a few months ago.
Quote by TheDriller
Blah blah blah, typical exaggerated bull**** from a non-user. i'll tell you this much, the iLok has been by far the easiest and most reliable license system i have used. no more fvcking around with serial numbers and challenge/response codes. frankly, i wish all my software licenses were on it.

and don't bother with the usual "oh but what if it breaks or you lose it lol" bull, there is a license replacement system in place for just such an occurence.

\

You would would be way wrong there, I have two of the damn things, and they have caused far too many system problems for me to justify using them much, so if I can't find a crack for stuff that uses iLock I no won't buy it, actually I think it's funny that because of iLoks crappy protection scheme the warezed version of software are more stable than the legit versions, that's really gonna discourage piracy.

Also that licenses replacement system is a major pain in the ass and almost unworkable in some cases.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

Also that licenses replacement system is a major pain in the ass and almost unworkable in some cases.

In fairness, that depends on the software developer in question. Waves are indeed notorious for being bitchs about license replacements.

what kind of system problems have you had? i've never had any issues with mine.
Quote by TheDriller
In fairness, that depends on the software developer in question. Waves are indeed notorious for being bitchs about license replacements.

what kind of system problems have you had? i've never had any issues with mine.

Certain plugins within Waves Mercury will crash if you are using three or four other plugins that use iLok, they will also crash if the iLok somehow get's dislodged, Melodyne has simmilar issues, Max/MSP won't run if I'm using something else that's using it at the same time and a few other minor plugins have issues as well, also I've gotten BSODs that where the result of iLoks driver, although I don't know what exactly caused them.

Last.fm
i was about to make a new thread, but then i searched and found this one. figured i'd give this a bump since there's only about a week left to claim your free podfarm!

free to those with ILOK and any other compatible hardware and registered line6 users.

http://line6.com/news/offers/864

GO!

just downloaded it for my podxt for $0. Free gear is the best gear
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.