Ive had 2 pairs of Skullcandy Earphones(Smokin' Buds and Full Metal Jacket), they are the best sounding earphones ive used, they have alot of bass. But both of them started to cut out after a while, I think from wrapping it around my iPod all of the time, no one wants to take them out and put them in the case all of the time, so the cord probably started to rip or something.
Does anyone know any other good "in-earbuds"?(Not Headphones) Maybe with a stronger or thicker cord?
Last edited by eighttroy19 at Sep 1, 2009,
First of all, Skullcandy makes some of the worst price/sound quality products you'll find (Bose is pretty ridiculous as well in this regard). You probably only liked them because you've never heard a proper earphone or IEM in your life.

What's your budget, and what kind of sound are you looking for? Also, what kind of music do you listen to? I'll see if I can help you out. Audio is my hobby, so I can probably find something.

Just remember, avoid all Skullcandy, WESC, Bose, and similarly marketed products. They all are a waste of money for the quality.
Last edited by i_don't_know at Sep 1, 2009,
Look at Bose. My mum has some in-ear ones, they are the bee's knees.

Although I'm surprised about the SKullcandy ones, I have a pair of their in-ear ones that live around my iPod, they work fine and I've had them for a couple of years.

Oh, also maybe Shure or HarmonKardon or even, Bang and Olufson.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
I champion Sennheiser.
http://www.myspace.com/echohead7

GUITARS
PRS SE Camo
Epiphone G400 SG
AMP
Roland Cube 30
EFFECTS
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Danelectro FAB Distortion
Digitech Whammy
Electro-Harmonix LPB-1

Quote by Mister.Y
Imagine your underwear.... naked.
Got some Sennheiser ones, they seem pretty good. Good noise reduction levels as well (y)
Quote by joshua122593
iPod in-earphones.

$40.

ipod earphones are sooooo bad.... the sound is waaaay too thin in my opinion
Quote by i_don't_know
First of all, Skullcandy makes some of the worst price/sound quality products you'll find (Bose is pretty ridiculous as well in this regard).

What's your budget, and what kind of sound are you looking for?

Well Skullcandy sound pretty good to me, they just dont last very long.
My budget? Umm, around $80. Well I like a lot of bass(thats why I liked the skullcandy's).
Sennheiser CX300 are the one I use. For the price, the sound is good. Pretty clean range of sound.
Oh yeah, Bose make very good quality kit, so don't listen to that guy.

Seriously, if you can stretch your budget a bit, the Bang & Olufson ones would be exquisite. Although I think they are in-ear with the loopy bit around the ear.

Would you find these acceptable? I think they are roughly 100-120 USD if that helps.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Last edited by Dawginator at Sep 1, 2009,
Quote by sporkman7
I have these alltel in ear earphones
dunno about the exact model, but the ones i have have a cloth cord and they seem to have fairly good sound quality (like 8.5/10)
they only cost like 20 bucks

Do you wrap it around your iPod when your not using it? Im mainly looking for something with the skullcandy sound, just with a better cord thatll last longer.
Quote by Dawginator
Oh yeah, Bose make very good quality kit, so don't listen to that guy.

Seriously, if you can stretch your budget a bit, the Bang & Olufson ones would be exquisite. Although I think they are in-ear with the loopy bit around the ear.

Would you find these acceptable? I think they are roughly 100-120 USD if that helps.

Well im not sure exactly what my budget is because ill probably wait until christmas to get them (so I dont have to pay ).
EDIT: (didnt see the pic)
Thos arent really the kind im looking for, more of this style of earphones:
Last edited by eighttroy19 at Sep 1, 2009,
Quote by eighttroy19
Do you wrap it around your iPod when your not using it? Im mainly looking for something with the skullcandy sound, just with a better cord thatll last longer.

ive heard thats bad for them
i usually just loosely fold them up
like i run the cable down the length of the ipod, then back up, then down, then up, etc.
and then i just put it in my pocket
and never pull by the cord
if you need to get it out of your pocket, reach in and pull it out
if you need to take then out of your ears, take out the buds themselves. dont pull the cord
and yes, these sound as good (if not better) than skullcandy's, and last longer
honestly, just get new headphones and be careful with the cord,
ive looked forever and never found any better headphones

if you wanna know a secret...
they come in fairly small packages....
perhaps they could fit into a pocket, or backpack pouch....
<.<
>.>
<.<
Quote by eighttroy19
Well im not sure exactly what my budget is because ill probably wait until christmas to get them (so I dont have to pay ).
EDIT: (didnt see the pic)
Thos arent really the kind im looking for, more of this style of earphones:

Seriously, the link I sent has earphones that would please you.
Quote by eighttroy19
Well Skullcandy sound pretty good to me, they just dont last very long.
My budget? Umm, around $80. Well I like a lot of bass(thats why I liked the skullcandy's).

NuForce NE-7M or Klipsch Image S4 would be perfect for you.

And Bose does NOT make quality products - it's all marketing. Sony actually makes "disguised copies" of certain Bose products for about 1/4-1/2 of the price that sound exactly the same, which is proof that Bose is charging much more than what their products are worth. Bose is known for having a house sound that is defined by overpowering bass (which I guess some people actually like) and a midrange and treble response that is absolutely pathetic. Also, forget about getting a decent transient response out of any of their products. They're all hype, trust me.
Quote by BRISTOL86
I have S-JAYS - they are very good and reasonably priced.

OH MY GOD I FORGOT ABOUT THESE!!!

I actually received a review sample of these a while back and posted up a review at Head-Fi.

Here:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/jays-s-jays-siren-armature-earphones-review-big-picture-warning-414941/

They've changed drastically since then through further burn-in (100+ hours). Now they sound very detailed and pretty balanced.

Also, my fingernails only look disgusting because of how close up the shots were and how bad the lighting was.
Quote by i_don't_know
OH MY GOD I FORGOT ABOUT THESE!!!

I actually received a review sample of these a while back and posted up a review at Head-Fi.

Here:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/jays-s-jays-siren-armature-earphones-review-big-picture-warning-414941/

They've changed drastically since then through further burn-in (100+ hours). Now they sound very detailed and pretty balanced.

Also, my fingernails only look disgusting because of how close up the shots were and how bad the lighting was.

What do you mean by burning in? Those look like pretty good headphones, where can I get them?
I just buy $15 JVC earbuds. They break after like half a year but at least they're cheap.
Quote by eighttroy19
What do you mean by burning in? Those look like pretty good headphones, where can I get them?

All drivers except for traditional balanced armatures need to be used for a certain amount of time (usually at least 100 hours) before reaching their full potential. This is because drivers make sound by moving air using moving parts, and these moving parts need to be "broken in". BA drivers don't need to be burned in because they barely move.

Also, they're on Amazon, but they cost $100 there, so try getting them from the manufacturer's site:
http://www.jaysearphones.co.uk/s-jays-earphones-12-c.asp

International payment and shipping info can be found here:
http://www.jaysearphones.co.uk/international-customers-3-w.asp