I'm looking to start playing deathcore, from what I've heard/seen it looks fun and easy but unfortunately... it's not as easy to write as it looks.

Can anyone recommend me some deathcore that would be easy to play? Be it songs/bands in general, even better if they're in e standard. Thanks.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Warrior WRXT *FS/FT*
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION
Anthems of Apocalypse by Winds of Plague
Last edited by TDSmusic at Sep 1, 2009,
its pretty hard at first but just learn the dynamics like brutal chords and chugging but some good bands to check out are Cholera, Kid Gorgeous, Straight Line Stitch and Evergreen Terrace
HAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

No.

How about some real metal? Judas Priest or Iron Maiden? Maybe some Saxon or Accept?
Real metal, this argument is classic. I listen to all of it, man. I'm wearing my Iron Maiden tour shirt now, they're my favorite band. I seen priest last year. Just because you're a close minded elitist tool doesn't mean I have to be.

KTHXU<3

I already know the chords and I can chug, but ugh. It's **** like the hardcore legato, or sweeping, or alt picking I can't quite do.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Oh, I'm more open-minded than you can possibly imagine. I just only listen to MUSIC. Not bull**** randomness that evokes no thought or feeling.

I went to an Atlanta Symphony orchestra concert a few months ago, then saw Mastodon a few days later. Then Obscura, then Atheist, then Taking Dawn and Drowning Pool, then Dream Theater, then Def Leppard/Poison, then Motley Crue. Last year I saw Van Halen, Ace Frehley, AC/DC, Jackyl, Dream Theater, and Megadeth.

Don't call me closed-minded.
Quote by ReinventingEvil
I can play the intro to Anthems Of Apocalypse until it speeds up, then it's like AGH ****

Grab the guitar pro for it, slow it down to half speed and go

That said, there's a billion lessons on sweeping on UG and youtube etc, but really it is just practice. I've been sweeping for probably about 8 months now, and only recently have gotten fast enough to play WoP, Protest the Hero, etc with ease and fluidity.
I like how you say deathcore evokes no thought or feeling yet you publicized your attendance at a drowning pool concert.

In all seriousness, if you can look at anybody with a straight face and say deathcore isn't MUSIC, you aren't worth the argument. Cause really, I like old school death metal and the "real" **** more.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Quote by MetalUpYourRear
Oh, I'm more open-minded than you can possibly imagine. I just only listen to MUSIC. Not bull**** randomness that evokes no thought or feeling.

I went to an Atlanta Symphony orchestra concert a few months ago, then saw Mastodon a few days later. Then Obscura, then Atheist, then Taking Dawn and Drowning Pool, then Dream Theater, then Def Leppard/Poison, then Motley Crue. Last year I saw Van Halen, Ace Frehley, AC/DC, Jackyl, Dream Theater, and Megadeth.

Well done, you managed to name alot of metal bands, that really shows you're open minded.

You think deathcore bands think "lets write emotionless music" when they write songs? Of course they don't.

'Feeling' isn't limited to sadness or whatever. Theres anger, fear, happiness etc.

Some of my favourite musical moments have been listening to Blues, rock, Soundtracks and classical yet i get just as much enjoyment as going to a deathcore gig and going crazy during breakdowns.

Take your head out your ass.
Quote by griffRG7321
Well done, you managed to name alot of metal bands, that really shows you're open minded.

You think deathcore bands think "lets write emotionless music" when they write songs? Of course they don't.

'Feeling' isn't limited to sadness or whatever. Theres anger, fear, happiness etc.

Some of my favourite musical moments have been listening to Blues, rock, Soundtracks and classical yet i get just as much enjoyment as going to a deathcore gig and going crazy during breakdowns.

Take your head out your ass.

How ironic is that. XD

His username is MetalUpYourRear.
If your still watching this post, a great, heavy sounding, but very simple band is Oceano. I recently learned "Samael The Destroyer," and it's fun and simple, two guitar parts that work a discordant harmony, if you can find out the second part.

Early Job for a Cowboy was good, simple deathcore, "Entombment of a Machine," in particular.

Suicide Silence is fun and easy too. Carnifex, Straight Line Stitch, Winds of Plague, all pretty simple bands. There are some difficult techniques here and there, especially with Winds of Plague's frequent (and mostly tasteful) use of sweep arpeggios.

And as for the argument on real metal; don't be pretentious. I think everyone with a brain agrees that deathcore isn't the most refined or artful music, but it's fun and simple. You don't need to listen to Suffocation or Nile or Gojira or Possessed or anything to like metal.
Quote by MetalUpYourRear

The feelings that are evoked inside of an individual by music are evoked because of their personal values. To declare your own personal values as superior....as opposed to simply different....makes you closed minded.

It doesn't make any difference how eclectic your musical collection is.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Sep 5, 2009,
Quote by Washburnd Fretz
The feelings that are evoked inside of an individual by music are evoked because of their personal values. To declare your own personal values as superior....as opposed to simply different....makes you closed minded.

It doesn't make any difference how eclectic your musical collection is.

It doesn't make you close minded, it just makes you an asshole. Open mindedness is about willingness. No amount of text could purposefully show how open minded a person is.

Please, we don't need to bash the music that the TS likes. That also makes you an asshole.