I was extremely angry. I recently bought a netbook running xp thinking I could just reformat and throw on XP. All was fine until I went to the manufacturers website (Gateway) to download the drivers. I saw that everything was seemingly in order as I found all the necessary drivers, the mobo, the graphics chip, the modem, etc.. But when I clicked on the "download now!" button, I find, to my surprise and horror, that none of the required drivers actually exist within their database, file-wise. I though "this is a setback, but no matter, I guess I'll go find them somewhere else." Turns out netbook drivers are a little too specialized to be on file on any other sites, even separate manufacturers sites.
Defeated, I decided to revert to Vista. Seeing as how its not smart to partition a netbook HD, I had to delete Vista to try out XP. So I went about making a boot drive of Vista to reinstall, but then had the niggling idea of getting the drivers whilst prepping the drive. They don't have the Vista drivers either. Now I figure it's a good time to call in and kindly ask them to get their **** coagulated. After 3 times of trying to explain to 3 [generic asian nation]ians what the actual problem is, only for them to redirect me to the pages that send me to the dead ends in the first place. By now I'm actually more infuriated than I ever have been, being a generally easygoing guy.
My last ditch effort was chat support, in hopes they could understand me and I could understand them. I was wrong. I started out as a total asshole but learned to enjoy my predicament. This is what followed:
Last edited by Psychaberration at Sep 1, 2009,
Mohamed_GWSI385 joined the incident.
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
Welcome to Gateway Chat. My name and badge number are Mohamed_GWSI385. I am looking at your account and the information you submitted. I will begin troubleshooting with you in just a moment.
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
Thank you for your patience. May I confirm that the serial number is LUWEW0Y0029281A3EB2501?<br>
Jeff Hanson says:
yes
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
Thank you for your information.<br><br>
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
By validating the serial number, I can see that your computer is inwarranty.<br>
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
Could you please brief the issue?<br>
Jeff Hanson says:
yes, your website doesn't have any of the drivers for either windows xp nor vista for the LT31 line of netbooks. They are listed there but whenever I try to download any single one of those drivers it says it cannot be found.
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
May I confirm that you need the drivers for this system?
Jeff Hanson says:
...you need drivers for any computer, dude, jesus christ. I reformatted and installed Windows XP fresh so yeah, I need the ****ing drivers.
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
May I know the operating system which came with this system?
Jeff Hanson says:
Vista, but it's trash, so I put in XP. But to be honest I would gladly go back to vista if I had access to those drivers, but lo, I do not. In fact, my netbook is a paperweight until you can find me a way to get either set of drivers
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
Okay,
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
I will send the all the driver to your email Id.
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
Could you please be on hold for couple of minutes while I create service request number for you?
Jeff Hanson says:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO man thats what the last 3 people did. they send me the link to the same ****ing site that I've tried countless times and every single time I get the same error that THE DRIVERS ARENT THERE. you can try it yourself, I dare you, I double dare you. Try to download the Motherboard driver for the LT31 series for XP. I can assure you you wont be able to get it, and if you do, kindly send that my way.
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
Yes,
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
I will send all the drivers to your email Id.
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
After this caht session.
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
Chat*
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
That will be work.
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
Not to worry.
Jeff Hanson says:
NO YOU WONT, YOU WILL SEND THE LINK TO THE WEBSITE THAT DOESNT HAVE THE DRIVERS. IT MOST DEFINITELY WILL NOT BE WORK.
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
No, Jeff
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
I will send the correct driver for this system.
Jeff Hanson says:
...promise?
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
You can download it from there.
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
Yes,
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
Please trust me.
Jeff Hanson says:
Mr./Professor/Dr. Mohamed, I trust you with my life.
Jeff Hanson says:
okie dokie then, so when will I be getting those drivers?
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
I will send the drivers to your email Id after this caht session.
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
I will give you also the instructions for that.
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
Could you please be on hold for couple of minutes while I create service request number for you?
Jeff Hanson says:
OK
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
Thank you.
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
Thank you for your patience.
Mohamed_GWSI385 sent a link to .[http://support.gateway.com/s/Checklists/BPC/ck2007032963.shtml]
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
Please use given link to install the those drivers.
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
Jeff, currently we have some tool issues.
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
So if those drivers do not work, please try after 24 hours.
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
Not to worry,
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
That will be work.
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
Are you with me?
Jeff Hanson says:
....this is a how-to. I dont need a how-to, Mo (may I call you Mo?) I need 1s and 0s that form code that form drivers THAT DRIVE MY COMPUTER TO ACTUALLY WORK. And you most certainly do have some tool issues over there (har har har).
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
Jeff, please understand the situation.
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
I am extremely sorry for that.
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
May I confirm that your email Id is guitarguy3491@hotmail.com?
Jeff Hanson says:
yessir it is.
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
Thank you for your information.
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
For future reference, I have documented our chat in Service Request 1-59Y9AM. You can use this number when contacting us again.
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
It was a pleasure working with you. Thank you for using Gateway Live Chat. Feel free to chat again anytime. Have a great day.<br>
Jeff Hanson says:
ok soooooooo, wheres my solution?
Jeff Hanson says:
You sent me nothing
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
I will send the drivers after this chat session.
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
It was a pleasure working with you. Thank you for using Gateway Live Chat. Feel free to chat again anytime. Have a great day.
Jeff Hanson says:
i love you.
Mohamed_GWSI385 says:
Thank you.
Jeff Hanson says:
<(^-^)>
Mohamed_GWSI385 has left the incident.
The technician has closed the incident.
Try it after 24 hours like he said. I actually experienced this EXACT same problem, and I know the frustration, let me tell you. What I did was, I downloaded Ubuntu (a kind of linux, that's free). It's ****ing amazing, I didn't even have to search for drivers online, it either already had them prepackaged with the new system install, or it found them for me and then I installed them. Get the netbook remix version. The downside is, of course, you can't use windows programs on it, but there's a program out there that lets you do it, I'm not too sure if it works good or not. I'd say if you can't get the drivers after a week, go for it, you have nothing to lose.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

Quote by salsawords
Try it after 24 hours like he said. I actually experienced this EXACT same problem, and I know the frustration, let me tell you. What I did was, I downloaded Ubuntu (a kind of linux, that's free). It's ****ing amazing, I didn't even have to search for drivers online, it either already had them prepackaged with the new system install, or it found them for me and then I installed them. Get the netbook remix version. The downside is, of course, you can't use windows programs on it, but there's a program out there that lets you do it, I'm not too sure if it works good or not. I'd say if you can't get the drivers after a week, go for it, you have nothing to lose.

yeah this isn't an "I'm all out of ideas" thing, I was planning on moving to Ubuntu now, but i thought this was relatively amusing.
Quote by batman187
This probably seemed a lot better in your head...

It totally is, but I frankly dont care all that much, you just need the absolute dumbest sense of humor to even think this is funny. But hey, I'm waiting to finish setting up Ubuntu now so i figured why not post it.
Quote by Minkaro
Running away from the scene of the crime eh?

Oh I see, running away eh? Come back and take what's coming to you, you yellow bastard! I'll bite your legs off!

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)