Hey guys. I got a Fender MIM strat 2 weeks ago. Its worked and played great since. However today I just plugged it in, and Im not getting any signal from my neck pickup. It has basic 3 single coil pups with a 5 way selector switch. When you set it to the 5th position for the neck, there is no sound. In the combo selection between neck and middle pickups, it sounds identical in tone and volume to just the middle pickup alone. What could have happened? I just played it yesterday and it worked fine? How can I fix it?
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

Sounds like a sloppy wiring work. If you think you can handle it, open up the pickguard and look if there's any loose soldered parts there.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Sounds like a broken solder joint.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Here is a link to the wiring diagram, assuming yours hasn't been modified: http://www.fender.com/support/diagrams/pdf_temp1/stratocaster/0134600_02D/SD0134600_02DPg2.pdf

You need to follow the two wires from the pickup and make sure they are not cut and that they are properly soldered as mentioned above. If they are ok, chances are the switch is no good. The longshot is that the connections at the pickup itself are bad.
My Stuff:
Austin Strat Copy - Lefty
(New and Improved with Bill Lawrence 290/280 Pickups)
MIM Telecaster - Lefty
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
TS-9 with a few mods
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah
Thanks guys, Ill check it out i guess considering I need the neck pickup the most.
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69