hey guys, so I'm a f***ing idiot, because I changed my strings, and accidentally took too many off at one time, and my bridge collapsed. I had this problem once before, and I fixed it, but before I get to work on my guitar, I'd like to double check if my method is right.

1) take the springs out of the back
2) tune the guitar with the guitar to standard, using the Floyd Rose system to raise the bridge a little higher than you want it
3) replace the springs

Is that the right way to fix it?
Define collapse?

Like did it just move into the guitar, or did it rip itself out of the holes?
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

i dont think theres a right way
wat i do is remove 1 string at a time and the bridge wont collapse

but in ur case id just remove the springs, install the strings, re attach the springs, then tweak it a bit
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by BanthaFadr
I'm pretty sure you do not need to take the springs out.

Unless the bridge physically moved out of the holes, this is true.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Pictures are required for diagnosis.
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
the real way to change strings is to put a block of wood or a 9V battery under the floyd rose, take all the strings off, clean the neck and underneath where the strings are then replace all the strings. In your case, loosen the strings, dont take them out, then tighten them as you replace more strings. The floyd rose should sit at about 180 degrees to the guitar, depending on what you use the floyd rose for.
My short cut is GENTLY lift it up with the bar bar cram a piece of cardboard under the back to prop it up about where it should be with tension on the strings, and then restring it. Be careful lifting it up as the knife points could slip up/down/off the posts. After it's up to tune make sure the knife points are where they should be on the trem post (the narrowest part) and then carefully pull the cardboard out of the back and retune it until it's in tune and the baseplate is level with the route.

EDIT: Haha, beaten to it.