I bought the dimebucker for my bridge pup in my rg 370 and got what seems to be a decent diagram (http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=1h_1s_1h_1v_1t_5w) but it shows only the Bridge black wire going to the 5way switch directly, and my existing pup (Inf4) has a red and a white wire going to it directly. Existing pup wiring is red and white to 5 way switch and grey wire to volume pot. Just slightly confused by this.
Don't worry. It's fine, just follow the diagram and it'll work great. The black wire = red + white, btw.

Also, why would you buy a Dimebucker?

Dime endorsed them, but never used them and the only thing they're known for is ear splitting-ly bad tone.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
If the black is the red and white, where should i put it? Where the previous red wire is or where the previous white wire is?

I wanted the bill lawrence but couldnt order it here. Cant be any worse then the inf4, can it?
Quote by DimebagZappa
If the black is the red and white, where should i put it? Where the previous red wire is or where the previous white wire is?

I wanted the bill lawrence but couldnt order it here. Cant be any worse then the inf4, can it?

What? Just follow the diagram. Solder the red and white together + tape them, green+gray to volume pot, and black to bridge.

- nevermind. I see your predicament. I'm not really sure, as I don't have that much experience with wiring diagrams. I suppose following the diagram would work, but I'm not sure if it would retain the same switching.

Also, it isn't really worse than the inf4, but you could have gotten a much better pickup for the price. DiMarzio has the best High-output pickups that are readily available on the market. I'd get a Tone Zone/Crunch Lab/Super Distortion.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Last edited by V.U.K at Sep 1, 2009,
Okay, first of all just throw that Seymour Duncan drawing away.
The switch isn't like yours. Your switch has all 8 lugs in a row.

Use the drawing below.
Connect the Black of your SD pickup to where the drawing shows a white wire.
Connect the Red and White of your SD pickup to where the drawing shows a red wire.
Connect the Green and Bare of your SD pickup to where the drawing shows a gray wire.

Done.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Sep 1, 2009,
On the existing configuration there are three wires coming out of the Inf4. Red to the third connector on the five way switch, and white to the eighth. Also a grey to volume pot.

new pup has 5 wires. Green and bare go to volume pot, red and white just go together and black goes to the five way switch.

All i need to know is which terminal do i put it on the five way? Im removing two wires from the switch and putting one back on. Thats all i need to know.
Thanks someoneyouknew that explains it perfectly.
Last edited by DimebagZappa at Sep 1, 2009,
also, if still possible try to return the Dimebucker.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Hahaha well thats yet to be seen. If it sucks ass maybe i'll sell it off but i gotta try it out. I'll let you all know.
Quote by DimebagZappa
On the existing configuration there are three wires coming out of the Inf4. Red to the third connector on the five way switch, and white to the eighth. Also a grey to volume pot.

new pup has 5 wires. Green and bare go to volume pot, red and white just go together and black goes to the five way switch.

All i need to know is which terminal do i put it on the five way? Im removing two wires from the switch and putting one back on. Thats all i need to know.
K, so if you do that, you'll have the full HB when the selector is in the Bridge & Middle position. It won't automatically split.

I don't recall if Ibanez changed the colour codes between the INF1/2 series and the INF3/4. Either they did, or you're counting from the wrong end of the switch. No matter. We can get this exactly right.

Look for the wire that goes from the case of the volume control to lug 7 on the switch. Did you find it? If it looks like it's going to lug 2, you're counting from the wrong end.

So, now that we both are looking at the numbering in the same direction...
Black on your SD goes to lug 3 on the switch.

IF you want to do auto coil split, connect the Red and White to lug 8.
If not, Red and White connected together and taped off.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
So if im reading this correctly (i already setup the way you said earlier) the way i have it now i need to use Bridge/mid on pickup to get full HB?
Also, sorry for multipost, but im getting a fair bit of unwanted noise from my guitar now. PU is set about a bit under an eight inch under strings. Interferance is really bad when guitar is tilted forewards, backwards or turned on whilst on its rack.
I ruined the bridge setup so i will be seeing a tech soon, but its in tune, just action is super high and bridge is so far up i can barely use whammy bar. But yeah, i just wanna fix the interference. The tech can screw with the rest of the setup
Another multi- sorrry!!! I tried taking the red and white off of the eighth terminal and connecting together and taping- no sound coming from pup as a result. So im puttin em back on the eighth.

Yeah im gonna go back and re solder it all up cuz i gotta put two wires back on anyways now.
Last edited by DimebagZappa at Sep 1, 2009,
So that horrid buzz is still there. I seem to have lost alot of tone and harmonics were much much cleaner and louder on my INF4. I hope thats because of the bridge's piss poor setup. (the harmonics). If tech fixes it and makes sure my wiring isgood and it still sounds like that i will be putting the infinty pup back in....
Well, put the red and white on the terminal i had the black on and vice versa. Solved the buzz but it seems that one blade isnt working. When i rub a pick on the strings infront of the pups they make all sorts of funky electronic harmonic sounds. The blade closest to the bridge dosent make that noise, just some dull noises. Back to the drawing board.... Ahhh seymour duncan why dont you make a freakin diagram for my guitar...