Hey I'm looking to start a band and was wondering whats one way I could start one? Go to guitar/music shops and just talk to people I met this awesome girl who was a badass drummer. I know a few bassists and guitarist I could talk to I would like to be a 4-5 piece band (1 rhythm, 1 lead, 1 bassist, 1 drummer, 1 vocalist (maybe they could play instruments))

Any ideas?

BTW in NE Mississippi if anyone is interested
Have:
Ibanez RG7321
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Epiphone Les Paul Prophecy GX
Ovation Celebrity
B-52 AT-112

Want:
N/A
Don't start a band with your friends, start one with people you've never met in your life. Maybe put up an ad on the bulletin board of music shops.
Personally, I wouldn't have even started a thread about this, sounds to me like to you've already got a solid plan, I wish you nothing but luck

Quote by pwrmax
Don't start a band with your friends, start one with people you've never met in your life. Maybe put up an ad on the bulletin board of music shops.

+1000000
Please, don't start bands with anyone you are good friends with, I'm now having lots of problems in my band because me and my best friend started a band.
Just don't do it, even if one of your good friends is an amazing bassist or drummer, just don't ask them. You will eventually hate each other...
I started a band with friends. One problem after another. Point is, even if you are certain you can work together, chances are that you still can't all the time. You will have problems, but it's worse if they are with your friends that you've known for X amount of years or whatever.
Check out my Electronica project!
http://
Thanks
Have:
Ibanez RG7321
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Epiphone Les Paul Prophecy GX
Ovation Celebrity
B-52 AT-112

Want:
N/A
I started with a band of friends... My friend playing guitar, another bass, and another singing. The guitarist soon got replaced with another friend. Soon I had to kick him out. Now I have a bassist who can't really play bass (No other bassists I know beside me, and Im doing guitar o keys).

The only friend I haven't had an issue with is my vocalist, maybe cause shes a girl? No attitude problem at least xD