This is a real review for the Peavey 6505+ head from Musicians Friend.

"OK, here goes. I play heavy metal and death metal out of Georgia. I have been through a lot of amps and heads. I was very disappointed in the 6505 simply because(repeat after me) THIS AMP HAS NO DISTORTION WHAT SO EVER! This amp is a sitting duck. The gain is awesome but there is no distortion on this amp. You will get high gain crunch and that is about it. I bought a Marshall HDFX100 and it cost me about $500 and the sound out of that thing blows the 6505 out of the water because it has a good high gain and an overdrive that produces what the 6505 doesn't.DISTORTION.I played that thing everyway possible and got nothing but high gain dry crucnh. Even on the lead channel. This amp would be good for rock and roll but you can do away with every other genre on the face of the planet."
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by NecroMaster
lol wait, what?

Some guy posted this as a review for the 6505+ on Musicians Friend
MF got trolled.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera

nice
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
well, compared to the MG, the 6505+ just doesn't have the crushing distortion needed.
Quote by vintage x metal
My toilet has seen some scenes that one would describe as 'deathcore'
that guy is the biggest dumbass ive ever seen
my 2 yr old cousin could probably say that the 6505 has enough gain for 3 other amps :P
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by manmanster
well, compared to the MG, the 6505+ just doesn't have the crushing distortion needed.

did you mean
(Invalid img)
CRUSHING OVERDRIVE?
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Use a pedal...and for those who dont like distortion pedals, TOO BAD they are incredibly useful
Quote by manmanster

You just won!

heres a review on the Frankenstrat replica, the $25k one.

"I own four of these guitars. Each one came set up very poorly out of the box. As a player of mostly smooth jazz, I require a guitar that can stand up under pressure. My first took a fall from the stand during a gig and the headstock was ruined. I am on my fourth and I hope it does not happen again. If you're going to get this guitar, DO NOT PLAY IT! It is not a very good players guitar. "

and for the $31,9k martin d-28

"First off, I'm tired of people saying this is a good guitar, but not worth the money. At 32 grand, this thing is dirt cheap. I bought 5 of these guetars because they are such a great deal. It comes with a case, but you don't need it because if it brakes you can easily replace it. When I go to gigs I just throw this thing in the back of my truck with some good old dakota dirt and drive away. My only complaint is that one time when I was using it at a gig I was in the middle of country roads by john denver and the neck fell off. People were disapointed that I couldn't play the bridge. Besides that great guitar!"
lol what an idiot haha, no distortion?
Gear
Guitars
- Ibanez GRX20
- Austin SG
- Alveraz Artist Acoustic Electric
Amps
- Kustom 15W
- Peavey Vypyr 75W
- Monitor speaker!
Effects
- Behringer V-Amp Multi-effects
- Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
- Tubescreamer
- Sampera I
Quote by Zayrank
Use a pedal...and for those who dont like distortion pedals, TOO BAD they are incredibly useful

Relevant.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
This is the most lulzy one I've seen in a while. Great job TS.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by NecroMaster
You just won!

heres a review on the Frankenstrat replica, the $25k one.

"I own four of these guitars. Each one came set up very poorly out of the box. As a player of mostly smooth jazz, I require a guitar that can stand up under pressure. My first took a fall from the stand during a gig and the headstock was ruined. I am on my fourth and I hope it does not happen again. If you're going to get this guitar, DO NOT PLAY IT! It is not a very good players guitar. "

Things you forgot to mention:

• Not enough treble/too bassy
• Too many control knobs, it's confusing
• It's like dirty and stuff, it looks like I bought it used
• Neck pick-up is best setting
Just read all the Line 6 Spider and Marshall MG reviews. It's either, "This amp is great!"

Or, "This amp sucks, I just replaced it with my Fender Frontman/Line 6 Spider and it's so much better!"
Quote by skwelcher
did you mean
(Invalid img)
CRUSHING OVERDRIVE?

classic...
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
wow. what kind of tool spends his time making false reviews on MF? i thought they had editors or something to make sure that sh*t doesn't fall though the cracks.

some more frankenstrat reviews:
The reason I bought this guitar was because my great pyrenees knocked my Kirk Hammett Ouija Signature down the stairs. I've been playing those esp, ibanezes, and schecters for a while and really like the metal tone. So I was looking into new guitars and my son picked this one but I didn't like it so I bought it for him for his eighth birthday and I bought a dimebag dixie rebel.

very good details..it looks just like edies but not as much sound...i ahve had problems with the pickups falling out (whats up with that)..im serious...the wood is too weak. its a fender strat type guitar..you know how you need the pickguard to help hold the pickups in..hey it comes with a quater....(screwed on to the guitar next to the bridge..i just got it to hang in the hallway to my office at road runner records.i wish it played as accurate as it looks..
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Sep 1, 2009,

Score 1 for Marshall.
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
I wasn't aware that people actually took the user reviews on MF (and to a slightly lesser extent, here and HC) seriously.
Quote by manmanster

True. And it has like no digital effects. PLUS All I can get out of the 5150 is Hi gain, it doesnt make Distortion.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

I wrote a crap review for the MG on the Guitar Center website, just because it had 5 stars......... (I do own one)

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by al112987
I wasn't aware that people actually took the user reviews on MF (and to a slightly lesser extent, here and HC) seriously.

I dont take MF reviews very seriously and I never go to HC for anything. Im not sure if by the reviews here you meant the actual gear review part of the website or the day by day threads that start here. Speaking on behalf of the latter I do gotta say that I've learned more from a few people in this forum than I have anywhere else. And that includes me going to try gear out myself sometimes because when I try out something new at the store I usually end up doing things ass backwards until I get a chance to read about it or a sales person helps me lol.

There are a lot of epic failures in this forum, but you just have to sift out the gold flakes from the ****ty river it runs through.

im sure you were talking about the part of UG devoted to writing "official" reviews, though, and not the forum itself
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
Quote by Bright Light
I dont take MF reviews very seriously and I never go to HC for anything. Im not sure if by the reviews here you meant the actual gear review part of the website or the day by day threads that start here. Speaking on behalf of the latter I do gotta say that I've learned more from a few people in this forum than I have anywhere else. And that includes me going to try gear out myself sometimes because when I try out something new at the store I usually end up doing things ass backwards until I get a chance to read about it or a sales person helps me lol.

There are a lot of epic failures in this forum, but you just have to sift out the gold flakes from the ****ty river it runs through.

im sure you were talking about the part of UG devoted to writing "official" reviews, though, and not the forum itself

I'd say he means that. Andrew's one of the reasons I come here, I've learnt a lot from. A lot of people here makes some great "official threads" abotu different gear, there's where you can find proper reviews.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009