In my Profile, No vocals yet though but all the instrumental parts are finished. It's long so be prepared.

Thanks for any crits!
Hmm don't go all experimental and stuff till you get a grasp of basic things like timing and key... Really, the ambiance is pretty nice, but the guitar is just plain wrong. Sorry, couldn't listen to more than 3 minutes.
Two things could've happened here.

I'll start off with the good...

You're a genius. Completely influenced by Noise Rock and the No-Wave of the 1970's,with alittle Jazz knowledge on the side. So you decided to incorporate all this into a Sabbath influenced Metal Masterpiece,tentatively creating Noise Metal,a loose and undefined genre untill you came along. I love it.

OR...

You didn't use a metronome,your guitar was out of tune,and you're a beginner. I still like it,but not as much as the first one.

If you are the musical genius described above,we seriously need to talk about some collaboration,CAUSE YOU DA **** SON.

If not,we need to talk about metronomes,show you to the tuner,and give you some good albums. Or just show you some bad-good albums and turn you into that genius!
that was great. i really liked how you had an actual storm in the beginning. those first notes in the beginning were very ugly in a good way. very long however. maybe if you shortened each part by just a little bit. did you play the drums or is that a drum machine? also the guitar was a little to heavy for me. you could have given the same message without going as heavy on the guitar.

just uploaded a new song if you want to listen/crit it: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51
Thanks for all the input! unfortunately for sami Philadelph I'm not really a musical genius but not a total beginner so I'm probably in the middle. The guitar was recorded through a DS-1 going into a pocket POD and the tone is not great but I'm hoping to get some new gear soon. The Drums are samples and a drum machine. I've been thinking about shortening it some too, Also the guitar was in DGCFAD. I have been influenced by noise rock and ambient music so this doesn't really fit into the straight forward Metal genre.

Thanks!
Last edited by bagpipemetal at Sep 2, 2009,
I'm sorry but the only thing I liked were the samples of rain and thunder. The guitar chords are weird and the sound of the guitars is annoying.
I think i need to make an effort to keep my songs short.
Last edited by bagpipemetal at Sep 3, 2009,
The picking sometimes seems like you're not able to hold notes right or pick properly. It's weird It's almost like "Milk It" by Nirvana, the chaotic plunking and picking for a few songs.
wow, it's so..... I dunno. I'm sorry I don't like it at all

I like your recording with the chanter though. I tried one of those suckers, that is really hard to keep them inflated for more than like 5 notes! crit me? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1192476
LOL@UR GERE!!!1 HURRZ MINE!
Customized Gibson Explorer (Alternative 8)
LTD mp-600
Charvel/Esp hybrid (Alnico 2 pro)
Line 6 Pod X3 Live

Coming Soon: EngL StH Limited Edition