Hey, just wondering if anyone knew what the finnish on this strat is? I was thinking it could be called a green burst or something?

Where would I be able to get my strat sprayed like this? (UK)
Last edited by andrewfx at Sep 1, 2009,
my guess is thats a custom finish. a "green burst", yes, trans green to natural/clear on an ash body, but ive never seen it before.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Finnish? No, they look more like Norwegians.

srsly, I don't know. I've not seen that before.
Here, have a colour chart. Maybe you can find it in there, idk.
http://www.fender.com/resources/colors/
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Looks like an "ocean burst" or something similar.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
i just see a normal 2 color burst. i am missing this green burst that everyone is seeing...
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte

Quote by spootz
i just see a normal 2 color burst. i am missing this green burst that everyone is seeing...

Me too, I can't see any green in that photo at all. Looks like a standard fender 2 colour sunburst to me
Quote by andrewfx
Where would I be able to get my strat sprayed like this? (UK)

Does your strat have a natural finish at the moment (can you see the wood grain)?

Do you have a budget for getting this done?
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Quote by Skeet UK
Does your strat have a natural finish at the moment (can you see the wood grain)?

Do you have a budget for getting this done?

I can see the wood grain a little bit, and no budget really.
Quote by andrewfx
I can see the wood grain a little bit, and no budget really.

So you want to get it done, but have no money to do it with?

You won't get someone else to do it for no money, but you may be able to do it yourself for some money...if you can find a tinted clear in a spray can.

I could do it, but not for free
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Quote by Skeet UK
So you want to get it done, but have no money to do it with?

You won't get someone else to do it for no money, but you may be able to do it yourself for some money...if you can find a tinted clear in a spray can.

I could do it, but not for free

No I mean there is no limit on the budget hehe.
Quote by andrewfx
No I mean there is no limit on the budget hehe.

Well, if the grain isn't super visible, that can be improved with dyes and sanding, then a clear coat, then the burst, then more clear coat.

So the body is natural at the moment is it?
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
Well

Theres a picture of it. As you can see the grain can only slightly be seen.
Quote by andrewfx
Well

Theres a picture of it. As you can see the grain can only slightly be seen.

Not "nice" grain then, fairly plain. Looks slightly coloured or is that just the light and the wood?
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
Quote by supergerbil
Me too, I can't see any green in that photo at all. Looks like a standard fender 2 colour sunburst to me

Colourblind is you! That is trans green fading to clear.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
So, do you want the green over that, or do you want it back to the wood, highlight the grain as best as possible of the wood, then add the green burst and clear?

Sims could do that for you for about £300 or so...
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
Quote by Skeet UK
So, do you want the green over that, or do you want it back to the wood, highlight the grain as best as possible of the wood, then add the green burst and clear?

Sims could do that for you for about £300 or so...

Wow £300, think I'll stick to what I have now :P
Thanks anyway.
Quote by andrewfx
Thanks anyway.

I think Your guitar looks much better as it is right now than that green burst.

If you really want that finish though, you could read up on how to do it, buy what you need to do it, and do it, for much less than £300.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by FuzzLove
I think Your guitar looks much better as it is right now than that green burst.

If you really want that finish though, you could read up on how to do it, buy what you need to do it, and do it, for much less than £300.

Not necessarily. The trouble with bursts like that, is that they require they use of tinted clear...which isn't readily available in spray cans. So you would need a compressor and spray gun to start with, so that is probably £120 before you start. Then there is paint and so on.

I wouldn't charge that sort of money to do it, because I don't make a living from it and actually quite enjoy doing it, but obviously, something more complicated (even though it may not look complicated), would have to cost more due to the time and materials.
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
Quote by andrewfx
Thanks anyway.

That is the sort of money the Pro places charge...not so unlimited now, your budget eh?
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
Quote by Skeet UK
That is the sort of money the Pro places charge...not so unlimited now, your budget eh?

Well I am, I could spend that, I just don't want to haha. At the end of the day it's not going to effect how well the guitar plays or sounds, just how it looks.
Stew mac sells what is called a preval powered spray unit that would work for this you can also but the different dyes for the lacquer at stewmac http://www.stewmac.com look in the finishing supplies area and you will find all you need to do this finish. Also if you call them they will tell you exactly what you need to do this finish the whole cost shouldnt be more tha $75.00 usd. Peace, Shawn
I only see a fading, standard burst.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
Geckoburst
Gear
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
1967 Ventura Les Paul Copy
Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead